FM10 Canadian club nationalities

I know there is an official wishlist thread, so I apologize, but with the new ability to add leagues, I appeal to SI to make sure all Canadian clubs in the database are designated as Canadian, and not American, even if they play in leagues mainly based in the United States (Toronto Lynx, Vancouver Whitecaps, Montreal Impact, etc, etc.)

Thanks!

Because players should be building towards Canadian citizenship. A player playing for Vancouver for three years would be eligible to play for Canada, not the United States. Also, the regens created at these clubs should be Canadian.

Because players should be building towards Canadian citizenship. A player playing for Vancouver for three years would be eligible to play for Canada, not the United States. Also, the regens created at these clubs should be Canadian.

I think they have already taken that into consideration. Players at Toronto FC are regarded as playing in Canada.

I think the big question then is if you create the leagues below MLS, will you be able to set USL and PDL clubs as Canadian and still have them in the US leagues like Toronto. IIRC on FM09 Puerto Rico FC (not sure if that's the exact name) are listed as an American club but if you click on them the info lists them as a Puerto Rican club, and they seem to get Puerto Rico's NACL place.

Archived