What do you do when you concede?

Not sure if there is already this thread somewhere so mod if there is then you can delete this.

Personally I get really angry! Depends what kind of game it is. In a final I start banging the desk but if it is a league game I start swearing. Bit weird I know!!

What do you do?

Depends on the game and how important it is. Generally if I concede I try to take it on the chin and recover quickly.

You see, I learned this when I lost 3 - 0 to Liverpool and out of a sudden bust of anger I punched my Laptop screen. Oh well, at least a got a new one!

Depends, if i concede a 35 yard wonder goal (usually scored by someone with long shots 1) there isnt much i can say. If its a defensive i get angry, not to the point of smashing things.

On a sidenote, off topic but as i mentioned wonder goals, i think my team just scored the best any of my teams have 09. Cross form the left, hopelessly inaccurate and ended up on the opposite side byline 40 yards from goal. As it was in midair, my RB ran onto it and volleyed it into the top corner. Nice.

I bang the desk and more often than not swear

sometimes i try to pretend im not angry and stay calm but usually i break down after the second goal and curse

lol me to but after the second goal conceded i bang my mouse on the desk haha

On a sidenote, off topic but as i mentioned wonder goals, i think my team just scored the best any of my teams have 09. Cross form the left, hopelessly inaccurate and ended up on the opposite side byline 40 yards from goal. As it was in midair, my RB ran onto it and volleyed it into the top corner. Nice.

Robbie Blake-esque!

Robbie Blake-esque!

Yes, just much further out.

If I concede early in a game, I go over match facts and my own tactics to see if I forgot one of the standard tweaks I make before every match. (team width, passing speed, etc)

If it's late in the game when I'm in the lead, I take the standard precautions and do what I can to maintain the lead. If it's late in the game and I'm down by a few goals, I just take the hit and yell at my players post-match.. I hate loosing, but if there is nothing you can do, there's nothing you can do.....

haha i gotta laugh at all these posts, i always think im the odd one out, but it makes me feel good to know im really not the only person.

Because when i concede i let out a string of swear words, especially if its down to one player, as if calling him name sis gonna make him play better, i then start to shout at my screen if another goal is about to go in trying to tell my players to mark... (WTF?!).

The other thing i do is bang my desk repeatedly (actually makes me feel a lot better).

I dunno about anyone else but after a certain point i just dont care, once the opposition has knocked in their 4th i just sit back and mutter ffs....

If my teams concedes i tell the ref to quit the match i get all my players and scare they heads and bodies so how many goals my team concedes is how many scares are on they bodies and face and (the scares are for life)

i lose my temper and break things

So far i've Broke two mobile phones, smashed three pints glasses, broke a mouse and a keyboard, broke screen of glass in my living room door. Broke the disk for one of them which lead to me needing to buy another game. Thinks that's about it

It varies. Generally though I punch things, solid things.

Ive broken a few things (including a microwave) this way.

edit: My years of punching solid things means my bones are very resilient, I can (and have) full strength punch a brick wall and not even need to worry about breaking anything, thanks Football Manager series :)

It varies. Generally though I punch things, solid things.

Ive broken a few things (including a microwave) this way.

edit: My years of punching solid things means my bones are very resilient, I can (and have) full strength punch a brick wall and not even need to worry about breaking anything, thanks Football Manager series :)

god earmack is such a bad ass :cool:

(sam)-well that badass gave half of his wage to sick childrein in africa

:) hes a kind person in heart

i lose my temper and break things

So far i've Broke two mobile phones, smashed three pints glasses, broke a mouse and a keyboard, broke screen of glass in my living room door. Broke the disk for one of them which lead to me needing to buy another game. Thinks that's about it

god Leedsfan88 is such a badass

(sam)-well that badass gave half of his wage to sick children in Africa

:) (fmobande nodes his head proudly)

I swear generally, when i was younger, i would punch the door or the computer, 3 broken doors later and several years older i seem to have grown out of that.

Also, what the hell are you going on about fmobande?

lol thats what i ask my self :confused:

Henry just scored a 35 yard free-kick from the left touchline against me to win the game 3-2 with 3 mins to go for Arsenal against Spurs on the 1st day of the season, I just put my head in my hands and tried to fight back the tears.

Nothing really. Obviously I don't smile but conceding is part of the game. Only sometimes I will get angry if the goal was completely avoidable, but then I'll only complain to my defender or keeper at ordinary conversational noise level, expecting the player to hear and understand me anyway ;)

Depedns what type of game. If my tema's playing bad im happy for a goal to go past me early on to wake them up. If it's a big game shout and swear, same if we scored except it's cheering and swearing. Nice place my house is when im playing fm

My "concede sequence" is usually this:

1. Throw myself backwards into the chair back (I lean forward when I watch a game) whilst throwing arms up.

2. Head to the side resting on one of my hands.

3. Then followed by a fairly standard comment of, "****ing **** defenders. They're all getting the chop. YOU HEAR ME?!... Can't even...****ing defenders."

Thats the same sequence for every goal conceded, from preseason to CL final, just with varying degrees of swearing, yelling and physical thrashing about. To the outsider, my misery must look quite funny.

I throw up my arms in exasperation, lean back in my chair and stutter something vaguely kung-fu sounding (re: the bad words thing). If my team concedes four or more in the first half I usually come to the realisation that the game was written by agents of the Bavarian Illuminati with the sole intention of breaking up society. In either case these episodes are always followed by hot sweet tea and an "Oh, never mind. You might win the next game?" from my bewildered wife.

My friend used to stand up and shake his hands in the air at waist level with extreme vigour. He was also sure the game listened to our conversations while network playing and reacted accordingly. See my comment above regarding the progeny of Dr. Weishaupt.

Archived