Been sacked on FM09?

I'm interested to hear stories of people being sacked, has anyone experienced what they feel was an unfair sacking?

I've been sacked once. After winning the Confederations Cup then the World Cup with Brazil I had this result in the quarter final of the Copa America. Although the result was unlucky, I can't complain about the sacking as it was a pretty dire performance and I was planning on resigning after the tournament anyway.

So has anyone got any stories about being sacked?

In my third season with Real Zaragoza I put that I will get into europe as my season expectation. I went on a poor run of about 4 loses in a row but it still put me at 5th place (uefa cup spot) and I still got sacked because the last lose of those four was against zaragozas biggest rivals. I was really annoyed because I was in a europe spot and had been premoted the season before last. All the loses were 1-0 or 2-1 so they were not even big loses. Understandably the teams I lost too though were not great. Before those four loses I had beaten Barca and Madrid.

On an old game i was Spurs manager and my contract was running out and i won the Carling Cup and Uefa Cup and finished 6th (missed out on Champions League by 3 points) And i requested a new contract and they said no so i declared interest in the Juventus job just because it was insecure and they sacked me on the spot

I was sacked by QPR (oh, the shame) in my 2nd season, finished 8th in the first but had a shocking start and was 18th in November. This was before Id read TT&F, so I didnt really have a clue beyond buying players. Probably fair but annoying nonetheless!

No shame, you did well. QPR managers usually only last a few months at best.

I have never been sacked in proper play, i always walk when my job becomes insecure :D. I did get sacked as an experiment though. I read a thread on her about issuing ultimatums = auto sacking, so i asked my premier league Gateshead (promoted from BSN) board for improved training facilities, they refused saying they didnt have the money, i gave them an ultimatum and bang.... my job was gone! Luckily it was only an experiment so i had saved previously.

I was sacked by Exeter City after 15 years in charge. I took them to the heights of Europe, but a poor start with 2 wins in 15 spelt the end, although, after 3 years away from the job i've been offered another chance to manage them, after they were relageted to League 1!!

Let's hope I can take them back to where I took them!!

Got sacked while managing Ajax, was the 3rd season and said to the board I was a title challenger, but due to injuries to key players I never was close to winning the title and got the sack 3 rounds before the end of the competition after a home loss to AZ.

I was sacked by Exeter City after 15 years in charge. I took them to the heights of Europe, but a poor start with 2 wins in 15 spelt the end, although, after 3 years away from the job i've been offered another chance to manage them, after they were relageted to League 1!!

Let's hope I can take them back to where I took them!!

Wow that is some fall from grace. Any idea why it happened?

They lost confidence after the poor start, they finished 19th that year, then had to start on -10 the following season after going into debt, nd they had a fire sale, getting shot of all the gud players, they put up a fight though, but they got relegated again, they missed out on stayin up by 1 point.

Very much like Leeds United

I never get sacked in FM. By some reason the board always let me stay however worthless my performance is. I think the closest I've come to getting sacked is to not getting my contact renewed and having to leave the club when it expires.

On FM08 I managed to get Man Utd relegated first season without getting sacked even... :o

10 years of managing Middlesborough and putting together a simply brilliant team which could have easily challenged for the Premier League title, in the previous year I had qualified for Europe and got the team to the FA Cup Final (and lost) however a bad start to the next season, 5 games in and they sacked me! Given more time I would have won the league at least within the 2-3 seasons and had enough young players to keep the team challenging for years to come. :( I was gutted to say the least!

I was with Leicester from League 1 to Premier League and got them into champions league..

My contract was coming to an end and they decided they didnt want me anymore and didnt offer me a new one (I asked for one as well) I left and they got in Rafa Benitez as a replacement and I went off to Portugal to manage the international team. Lost in the final of the world cup and got sacked, I then went to Inter where I won Serie A 5 times in a row and I resigned in the end.. but then sadly my harddrive died and I lost my game, After that I never really got back to playing FM again :o

I got to 2033 and was my best save iv ever done, but oh well :(

Haven't been sacked yet... YET!!!

I thoughtI I'd get sacked first season with Villa, expecting a top half Finish,

I finished 12th at best I think...

15 years later, current champions, expect to atleast make Europe... sitting in 12th in mid-November...

The Bell Tolls for I....

You should try international management, one defeat and it's over.

Not true! :D I managed to loose twice in the 2nd round of the World Cup with England, but did win the Euro once and silver and bronze in the Confederations Cup. However they got tired of me when I managed to get them knocked out for a third time in the 2nd round. ;) The first two times I got the message that they had thought long and hard before deciding to let me stay, that was defeats against Brazil and Italy, third time it was Russia.

Other than that I haven't got sacked in any save on FM09 actually. However I do think I'm on the verge of getting my first at club level. Took over at Leeds (2018 in the Championship) as they were 23rd with only a single win in 10 games. Only managed 13p in 15 games and are still in 23rd, and my job status is now insecure. :( Wouldn't blame them if I get sacked soon even though we are now only a single point from safety thanks to a lot of draws of late.

I've not been sacked on an FM game since pre-FM07, I never pick a team with high expectations which is more than likely the reason why. My main game is always Stoke City, so for 2 years they were in the championship with mid-table expectations, then this year in the premiership with quite a good squad to make a case for survival (not as well as west brom, and ironically they were the worst of the 3 promoted).

If I moved around more I'm certain I'd get sacked, and with national teams this year is the first time I've gone for a major nation expected to win things aside from England, and it was Brazil so its hardly been too hard to keep successful with them lol.

I joined Preston at the tail end of the 2012/2013 season with 1 game left, they were already relegated from the Championship. Made a steady start to L1 life, and coming up to FA Cup 2nd round I was 6th with results steadily improving. Few points seperated me from 2nd, though Norwich were miles ahead in 1st. 2nd Round I was batted 4-0 away at Orient (oh the irony) and I'm out of a job.

i have a game where i was manager of italy also managing arsenal. i won the world cup then bac 2 bac semi-finals at th following euro's n confenration cup. after being knocked out by france in the semi of the cc i was sacked. i dont think this is fair as i am a world cup winner and should of being treated with more respect ? u wld think so wldnt u and th world cup was th following summer i wld have loved a shot at retaining it:mad:

i have a game where i was manager of italy also managing arsenal. i won the world cup then bac 2 bac semi-finals at th following euro's n confenration cup. after being knocked out by france in the semi of the cc i was sacked. i dont think this is fair as i am a world cup winner and should of being treated with more respect ? u wld think so wldnt u and th world cup was th following summer i wld have loved a shot at retaining it:mad:

Do you know what English is ?

Try using it sometime.

Archived