Belgian D1 (aka the beer league) in FM10

Will the new (and horribly complicated) competition structure in the Belgian first division be featured in FM10?

You know, the league with the following bewildering rules:

We'll start with 16 teams iso 18 teams

First all 16 teams play each other twice. Then the first 6 have their points halved (rounded up, please)and start over, playing each other 2 times in play-off group A, while teams 7-14 are divided into two new groups (play-off groups B and C)each playing each other twice after which the winners of these 2 groups play a match to decide who will play the number 4 of the play-off group A, to decide who will take the second EURO league ticket. In the meantime off course in group A we know that numbers 1 and 2 will play the champions league.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the 15th placed team in the regular competition will play in the play-off round deciding who will get promotion in the second division.

:D

No kidding...

The FA said: "We need more TV-money".

And the rest of us need an engineering degree to be a footy fan.

If all this will be implemented in FM10: I'll buy the poor SI lad that had to program this tripe, a crate of Duvel (or Leffe Blond (if it turns out to be "a lady-lad" :D)).

The reason I'm asking:

the 'other' football manager game will not feature this new league structure.

In fact; their new version will still have 18 teams (iso 16) in D1.

@KevinM182, yes it is :s

75% of the fans is against the new league setup, we all hate it.

16 teams instead of 18 was fine to everybody, but those play-offs ruin it all.

The FA didn't even ask the players and fans what they thought of it, and made the changes all by themselves, all because they could get more tv-money this way.

I hate systems like that, If I read it correctly a team who has been rubbish all season and frankly on the verge of relegation (14th place) can make a spot in europe if they win a few playoff games. It just makes the whole first period a bit pointless but back to the point, so long as this is all confirmed it will be in the game.

Why does adopting a ******** league structure result in more TV money? Is the casual viewer riveted by byzantine rules?

The smurfs of the Belgian FA thought that tv stations would pay more for a competition structure in which the "top" (very, extremly relative term considering we are talking Belgian Football) teams would have more matches against other "top" teams.

They thought right.

But they overdid it 'just a little bit' /sarcasm.

Good points by all of you in this thread; the system is utter and total rubbish.

But it should be correctly modeled in FM10.

Someone here suggested that the system allready was implemented in FM09 but the structure now in place was voted on after FM09 was released. (edit; I think; I'm still on FM08).

Can someone from SI confirm that the system will be implemented in FM10?

In other words: do I need to send you the crate of Duvel? ;)

The TV-company who shows the games only wanted to spend more money if the FA changed the league format.

So did Standard and Anderlecht: they threatened to sell they're TV-right alone, if the new rules were not accepted by the other teams.

No changes = same amount as usual.

Because of those 2 teams and an worthless FA we have those silly rules.

Will the new (and horribly complicated) competition structure in the Belgian first division be featured in FM10?

You know' date=' the league with the following bewildering rules:

We'll start with 16 teams iso 18 teams

First all 16 teams play each other twice. Then the first 6 have their points halved (rounded up, please)and start over, playing each other 2 times in play-off group A, while teams 7-14 are divided into two new groups (play-off groups B and C)each playing each other twice after which the winners of these 2 groups play a match to decide who will play the number 4 of the play-off group A, to decide who will take the second EURO league ticket. In the meantime off course in group A we know that numbers 1 and 2 will play the champions league.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the 15th placed team in the regular competition will play in the play-off round deciding who will get promotion in the second division.

No kidding...

The FA said: "We need more TV-money".

And the rest of us need an engineering degree to be a footy fan.

If all this will be implemented in FM10: I'll buy the poor SI lad that had to program this tripe, a crate of Duvel (or Leffe Blond (if it turns out to be "a lady-lad" :D)).

The reason I'm asking:

the 'other' football manager game will not feature this new league structure.

In fact; their new version will still have 18 teams (iso 16) in D1.[/quote']

FM09 already had the structure it, so it is quite simple reasoning that FM10 will have it too.

Btw, your structure is a tad off. Allow me to clarify:

1) yes, when the top 6 gets their points halved, they will be rounded up.

2) The name of the group the top 6 are playing in, is NOT named Play off A, but the Championship Group

3) Equally, the group stages for the teams that got place 7 through 14 is named Group A and Group B.

4) The winner of Group A and Group B play against each other (twice) but the winner will NOT be playing "number 4 in the championship" the entire time. The only one that is certain of European tickets is the number 1. The rest is totally depended on how many tickets we get. Keep in mind that the winner of the Cup still gets a European ticket and thus that if the Cupwinner already got a European ticket through the competition, the loser of the Cup final will get it. In case the loser of the Cup also already had a European ticket, it is given to the "next one" in the Championship Group Play Off.

Thus, it pretty much depends on who wins (or doesn't win) the Cup and how many tickets we have to distribute.

5) The correct term of the group team 15 will find itself in, is called Play-Down.

Yes, most of my post is nitpicking, but I do feel it clears some things up.

That is so stupid, think its going to back fire on them, if they wanted more money why not try and organise and competition involving Dutch teams like the toptwo from each league play off for some cup

They could take the top four teams from each league and call it the Setanta Cup. :D

Bollekewol; I stand corrected...

you work for the Belgian FA?

No, I've read the rule book of the KBVB because it is easy to critise those people while not fully understanding the rules they have to abide. After knowing the rules, you will find that they are even more stupid than you would think at this point.

Archived