Weirdest team winning CL on your game?

whether it be you or the AI winning it, which is the most shocking team you've seen doing it? any porto's a la 2004? Lets set 2015 as a limit. Otherwise it just isn't that interesting.

For me it's two AI teams; atletico madrid & werder bremen. Playing as real on fm07. On FM09 i won it with Man City in 2013 & 14.

Would be interesting to see if someone's done it with a relatively low rep league team like Shakhtar, Lyon, Ajax, Celtic & so on.

I've read a lot of people with Bayern winning the CL in the first season of the game, overrated?

Might be the case. Their finances get horrible a couple of years in from what I've heard, though. So might be their only chance to win it early.

Real Zaragoza for me. Beat my Newcastle team on FM08 1-0. They were brilliant aswell, no team ever restricted my chances like that. Got to the Semi Finals the season later, lost to Man City 2-1 and I beat City 4-2 :)

that's quite a shocker! At first i assumed it was on FM09 (which would've been even weirder since they're relegated), but still a remarkable team to win it.

Nice to see the Darts where they belong, Dafuge :D

In my longest game (4 years :(), the weirdest team to win was Chelsea (me) twice in a row. Almost made it three but lost on pens. In fact, I lost three games in total that season: League cup final on pens, FA cup final on pens and CL final on pens. Stupid game.

It may have been in FM08, but Lyon made the final two out of three years in one of my saves about two-three seasons in. The first season they won against Barca, the in-between one I hammered them 8-3 (4-0 at Anfield and 3-4 away) in the semi and won the final against Barca (2-1). The following one I beat them 3-1 in extra time in the final.

That's probably about the weirdest I've seen in the CL from the AI teams. I did lose the 2010 World Cup to Ivory Coast in FM08 - managing Cameroon. That was totally bizarre. I think Argentina won the third place play off against Italy. I think I knocked Brazil out in the quarters and Italy in the Semi. I took the Brazil job a couple of days later :).

Of course, I've won the CL with some probably more unlikely clubs. In '07 I did it with Ajax and Celtic and in 09 other than my usual Liverpool and Athletico Madrid games I've also won it with Galatasaray (played three finals in four years but could only win one of them).

Arsenal winning it twice in a row in 2010 and 2011 on FM08. They won it in 2011 in front of 12000 people.

On a different save on the same game in 2011 the Champions League final is between Valencia and Roma. Which was just won by Valencia on penalties. They also won it in 2009 on this save which has seen either Barcelona or Valencia win the Champions League.

This was Arsenal's win in 2010...

ArsenalvBarcelonaOverview.png

As if Barca would lose 5-1 to Arsenal

Archived