David Beckham

Why would you want him? He's 34 and well on the way to being passed it. Surely you can find better and younger players than Becks? About the only reason to sign him would be sponsorship and gate money it would generate but even that will fade soon enough. He's just a completely pointless signing imo.

Usually they still have brilliant technical and mental attributes, so as long as they don't have to run around a lot, they will be very good players. I suspect Beckham at that age would still be able to play on the wing with an offensive fullback backing him up, or in an attacking midfield role with his good passing and long shots.

Everytime I have signed Beckham on my previous FM09 games he has been a brilliant signing, set pieces are brilliant as is his technical ability and passing from deep. He plays even better against the bigger teams from a central midfield role IMO and on my last save as Middlesborough he was captain and still one of my best players at the age of 39, averaging 10 goals a season, and about 15 assists. Plus he played quite well as a right back for half a season when I had no cover and used him to fill the gap. Worked quite well.

There are other options, and one thing I think they needed to do on the game was make Aaron Lennon much better then he is on the game, as he almost always ends up being sold by Spurs, usually for peanuts.

Why would you want him? He's 34 and well on the way to being passed it. Surely you can find better and younger players than Becks? About the only reason to sign him would be sponsorship and gate money it would generate but even that will fade soon enough. He's just a completely pointless signing imo.

He's been biliant since i signed him

12 starts, 2 subs, 9 goals, 10 assists, 2 motm

So thats why i signed him tbh ;)

Beckham on 09 is great (as in better than anyone else even remotely comparable in price, not that Ive ever signed him but when a player plays well for the A.I I take note), he'll go to about 38 aswell. Hes probably THE best deal in the game.

^he was pretty disappointing for my valencia side. i expected lots of free-kick goals,but he only scored 2. then transfer listed him after 1 season juve came with 10M and the bastard rejected them. he kept on rejecting offers until he went to atletico for 3.5M

• 2 weeks later...
i signed him for my championship newcastle side for a fraction the wages he requested. Surely that is unrealistic

Have you checked his wages? I signed him for Milan, I offered him less than he requested and he accepted.

Then i realized La Galaxy are still paying some of his wage's.

Which is not unrealistic as Newcastle and Leeds have done this in real life.

So i am sure if you check his contract screen you may find Galaxy are still paying him some of his wages and that is why he accpeted what you

offered him, Therefore not so unrealistic. ;)

88357722.jpg

70754343.jpg

Archived