Working my way up

Ok!

Well I am the manager of Real Zaragoza in the season 2011-2012. I decided to be this low team because it was boring managing Arsenal and winning stuff every season so I decided I want to start low and work my way up. In my first season I got premoted. Second season I came 8th but did the double over Real Madrid and Barca. In my third season I came third and therefore got a champions league place. Preety good for a team that got premoted and 3 seasons later are in the CL. At the end of my third season there were several teams who were looking for new managers. Namely: Spurs, porto, hamburg, lyon, man utd, west ham. I applied for all of them. For a manager that got his team premoted and 3rd in la liga in 3 seasons is preety good I would think, atleast good enough to be the manager of all of the teams mentioned apart from utd maybe. I got rejected from all of them. Man utd chose van gaal, porto chose their assistant manager, and the others chose random managers who had been out of work for years! Why can't I get a job at a good club? Is it because I havn't actually won any thing apart from the liga adelante??

First of all well done on your achievements! Second as your new to the forums , i would prepare for a little bit of backlash as some people see Real Zaragoza as the opposite of an low team! Thirdly and lastly this happens with me also , i think the main reason is the reputation you started with? If you began with say semi-professional , then this may have an effect. But im sure other people will give you more detailed answers!

While you may think the success you have achieved is impressive, sometimes the game doesn't think quite so. The only thing you can do, obviously, is to keep winning and being as successful as you can in every competition. You'll find out if you're worthy of an application after you see your name being linked to clubs of similar caliber as the ones you've mentioned.

I always set my reputation to automatic and start at obscure clubs and it does take time to work your way up to a team of such class as a Man Utd or Lyon. Prepare to spent some more time and build on what you have achieved so far to be up to the standards of world class teams.

Archived