Why can't I make a bid?

I've just had a scout report of Italy come back with a high recommendation for a 17 year old Italian named Giulio Rea, now I've had a look at his stats and he is very good for his age, with the potential to become a leading Premiership striker in the future, so naturally I want to make a bid for him.

But when I look to the left where the 'Make An Offer' option is usually there, I find that it's not there and so therefore I can't make an offer for him.

Fwiw, There was another player on my scout report that interested me and he has an 'Make An Offer' option so why hasn't Giulio?

Must be co-owned, because i know you cant buy some co-owned players, due a clause in his contract.

It's nothing to do with any clauses in contracts. You just can't bid for co-owned players when the transfer window is shut. Ever.

Stevie mentioned players on loan- you can't bid for players who are loan if there is a agreed price in the loan deal should the club wish to sign the player permently.

May sound stupid but are you sure he doesn't have an arranged transfer.

Good question. Although I'm sure he would've spotted that as well. I'm bloody well miffed too here, could you post a screen shot of his profile and transfer/squad status screen?...

.....is he sleeping? :D

Players in the game do quit at that age if they haven't had a club for a while. Hopefully this'll be tweaked in the next version.
Yep, if a player hadn't had a club for a long time even at that age they sometimes decide to give up football and pursue another career.
Yeah happens a lot.
The 22 year old ipswich keeper retired today. So not that uncommon

:eek:

I've never seen it myself. Wasn't aware it was so common. :thup:

Archived