Do you handle Every Press Conference?

No, never did and I guess I never will.

I am very much a " holiday till next match" player (not in the transfer windows btw), while I check email and various websites (including this one) in the meantime.

An exception is a press conference before a very important match (derby, hard cup game etc.), as I do believe you can use a conference to influence the motivation of players and outcome of a match.

Only important games. They always ask the SAME questions. It's so boring. Great feature but don;t use it because its repetative. If they asked different questions or like once they ask a question they don;t ask it again for a few months then it would be better but they always ask the same thing.

Usually I just send my assistant but every now and again when I'm annoyed I go in just to storm out

I hope they have got rid of the "You seem rather indecisive on the issue..." question that is asked nearly every time you pick the middle option

I used to pay a lot of attention to the press conferences, but it just got too repetitive with the same questions and the same answers week in, week out. Nowadays I leave them to my assistant, he seems to get good reactions out of the players anyway.

I haven't done one up until recently for 5 or 6 years, there just was no point it was the same questions time after time, to the point that sometimes even in the same interview I was getting asked the same question 2 or 3 times just from a different media representative.

I always do it, because sometimes it says the colchester team will react badly to my handling of the media.

I hate it when they ask you where do you think you are strongest and you say I'm fully confident in all the team, and then he says another twice that my answer dosen't seem convincing. It's a little bit repetitive having to answer 3 or 4 your answer doesn't seem convincing questions every game.

And another 3 about one players injury who was hopeless anyway, and you are glad he is injured so he stops moaning about first team football for a few weeks.

I let my assistant do them unless he does a really bad job of them.

I really hope they have thought of a way to make them less repetitive and more fun for 2010. Hopefully we will find out more info in one of the blogs or podcasts.

Archived