[FM09] The Roar of the Tiger

T3hB3n...

Hello, hi. This is just a little intro for my new threat about my Hull City save. I'm playing on FM 2009, on patch 9.0.3. At the moment, I'm mid-way through my second season, so I'll give you all the details about what happened in my first :thup: I'll also be posting up screenshots of some different things like how some players have developed, maybe some hidden gems for you all, but most of all how my Hull City team got on in the league and other competitions.

As you all probably know, Hull City are a team in the Barclays Premier League. Their nickname is The Tigers. In real life, their manager is Phil Brown, who had quite a job in keeping them up last season. But in my FM save, their managers name is Ben Slater - that's me! :D

I'll be posting updates of what went on in my first season in a little while. Hope you all enjoy what ya' read!

By the way, I am running my game with English leagues (League 2+), Brazilian League (2nd division+), French leagues (2nd division +), German leagues (2nd division+), Italian leagues, (all leagues), Spanish leagues, (2nd divison +), and Scottish Leagues (all leagues).

Anyway, to the point.

1st season of Hull City under my leadership.

Well, I decided that I wanted to start an FM save that I could stick to until FM 10 was released. Anyway, I decided the challenge of Hull would be good to keep me entertained. I told the board I would definitely avoid relegation, and did, by finishing 13th at the end of the season. I made a few notable signings, including Yuval Shpungin, who, in my mind, is the greatest hidden gem on the entire game. If you have a few leagues loaded, search his name, see if he's on your game. He is a right back who I highly recommend him to all. :thup:

I also bought Sergey Krivets, a right winger who proved himself to become the greatest member of my squad. With Shpungin and Krivets down the right, we wing was almost unbeatable. I got some golden oldies on free transfers, like Mario Silva and Ivan Helguera; Helguera who was sold for 100k the season after for making many mistakes :( and Silva retired as the season finished.

My Hull team fought hard and managed to prove its class with some good results. I feel my team really started to develop and work hard for itself when we drew 3-3 with Arsenal mid-way through the year. It wasn't a win, but we came from 3-0 down to show we were not to be trifled with.

So, that is a brief summary of my Hull first season. I'll soon tell you all about my second season, big transfers, etc. Stay tuned! :D

Archived