minimum fee release

It's compulsory for all players in Spain and common in lesser rep leagues (e.g. Portugal). And yes, the clubs do have to accept a bid if it meets the rescision clause (hence the name).

There are a few similar things creeping in to English footballers contracts too. We don't hear much about it until the said player decided he wants a move, I think Owen had one at Newcastle, I may be wrong.

Most of the time the fee is just a ridiculous amount anyway which would never be paid and therefore might as well not be there.

There are a few similar things creeping in to English footballers contracts too. We don't hear much about it until the said player decided he wants a move, I think Owen had one at Newcastle, I may be wrong.

Most of the time the fee is just a ridiculous amount anyway which would never be paid and therefore might as well not be there.

Owen didn't, Martins did have though.

I thought it was a striker, just couldn't remember which one and could have sworn I heard that Owen had a fee which was less than half what Newcastle paid for him cos the fans called it nuts.

Yep, i am one (a fan) unfortunately. Your half right anyway, Owen had one but it could only be activated by certain clubs and conditions.

It's aonnying actually that we can't view the fees unless we actually click on the player, then transfer. It's a great loophole for signing players.

Isnt that kind of like real life? We would only know the clause value if we entered into discussions about signing the player.

What does slightly annoy me, most players IRL will be sold for less than the clause unless they are a hot prospect or unsellable (Messi etc), in FM you seem to have to activate the clause for a higher number of players.

That and the Italian co-owner things are my 2 biggest frustrations in FM09.

Archived