Stupid U-21 rule

Im playing as FCK in denmark, in the beginning of my second season, on the verge of signing Hernanes and Keirrison, but im also on the verge of quitting!

For those of you who dont know, there is a rule in danish football that requires you to have at least 3 u-21 players on the bench, notice not in the team, but the bench! I have 2 or 3 in the first XI but since I only have 1 on the bench, if i could actually choose that, i have to leave out some great players for 18 year old kids.

I have some really good 18-19 year olds, but i'd rather just loan them out or play them in the youth team, but instead they're on the bench, and the 22+ players who i have to leave out cant even play in the B team because the B team doesnt play any games...

just to illustrate my problem, last season i left 2 great defenders on the bench to fill up the quota, shouldnt have to be like this.

I have a great squad and im really excited about taking them into this season, but im going crazy over this stupid rule...please tell me i can edit it out of the game in mid-save...probably not possible but i needed to ask cuz its really bugging me.

The only other thing to do, is to sell some good players so mr.puberty can sit on the bench. Quite possibly the stupidest rule in football!

Is that a real rule? Sounds utterly stupid to me, why not just in the team?

You can't edit rules as they are hard coded - the FM2010 competition editor may allow it. Not that it's much use to you now.

Not really a stupid rule. Its to develop the younger players (Mostly Danish) to greater improve the national team??

Isn't there such a rule in scotland??

Answer is surely sign some better younger players or train up your youth like Wenger or Fergie!

craiggore, i am training up my younger players, and like i said, i have around 2-3 or u-20 players in my first XI and i have some real promising youngsters, but i dont have space for them on the bench. if it were 3 u-21s in the whole squad then it makes sense, even 5. but on the bench is just idiotic. i get the reasoning, but what happens to the players who dont make the bench because of it?

im not complaining that i have to play youngsters, im complaining because im having to put great youngsters on the bench to meet my quota. how does that help them?

Archived