hypothetically ... How much woud you bid for a copy of FM2010 ?

Lets say there is no more copies available , every copy its being sold out , except for one copy that goes for Auction , thats the only copy that you will able to get ....

(No Steam Available)

How much wold you pay for it ?

Ive been thinking about this , considering i purchased a new laptop with the only purpose to play FM and i do know some other people whos purchased whole new pcs to play this game also... My question is ?

How much is this game worth to you?

I have been thinking and i think I would pay a good 400/500 US dollars.

The hours of entertainment + Fun + Money saved from other things

Anyone?

Would my wife count as a valid bid....

That way once she is out the way me and FM can crack on without here moaning

"Its only a game"

"How much longer are you going to be"

I would definitely hide the purchased price from my wife , otherwise i would have the divorce papers ready for me to sign !!

Yeah ... I know how you feel !!

"What the hell you doing, always playing that stupid thing !! Its not even a game."

"Not again, dont you ever get bored of that **** !!"

No more than market value, whatever it is in the shops. Hypothetically, if it happened as described in the OP then there would be no point in me bidding any more than the £20-£30 as i would just get cleaned out by people willing to pay $1000 (WTF?), ever since marriage, kids, mortgage etc came along, i find myself a lot less wealthy!

The max I would pay is £40. Anything over that is far too excessive and hundreds of dollars is just plain stupid.

Totally agree with Tom. £40 is the max I pay for any game and anyone saying £600 or £800 is just being stupid and has no sense of reality, either that or trying desperately to gain some kudos with SI which is also sad. :eek:

Totally agree with Tom. £40 is the max I pay for any game and anyone saying £600 or £800 is just being stupid and has no sense of reality, either that or trying desperately to gain some kudos with SI which is also sad. :eek:

Wouldn't say its kudos with SI they are looking for, more to try to "show off" i reckon........... to an internet forum hehe :)

£40 for a console game (however i always try and get pre-owned ones, more for your money etc etc)

£20 - £30 for a PC game

Thats my rule of thumb anyway.

Wouldn't say its kudos with SI they are looking for, more to try to "show off" i reckon........... to an internet forum hehe :)

£40 for a console game (however i always try and get pre-owned ones, more for your money etc etc)

£20 - £30 for a PC game

You're probably right.

I always buy pre-owned console games too, daft paying for a new one when they do exactly the same thing.

This is the only pc game I buy pretty much, apart from civilization.

you guys are all missing the point !

just say it was £80 for a copy of FM10.....you would and have to pay it, surely?

i know for a fact that i would !!

I wouldn't pay £80 for no game man, are you for real lol?

Why not just wait a few months when you can get it for less than half the price if that was the case?

So no I would never have to pay £80 and if I did I wouldn't.

you guys are all missing the point !

just say it was £80 for a copy of FM10.....you would and have to pay it, surely?

i know for a fact that i would !!

£80 on a game, or pay towards keeping a roof over my head? I personally done like getting ripped off so if it was ever £80 i would, sadly, do without.

Little story, when GTA4 came out, and then sold out, some guy on eBay was selling a copy for £80. I contacted him to tell him he was having a laugh and he replied saying if people want it they will pay it. It sold in the end for £80 quid.

Moral, a fool and his money are easily parted.

The max I would pay is £40. Anything over that is far too excessive and hundreds of dollars is just plain stupid.
no more than £40
No more than market value, whatever it is in the shops. Hypothetically, if it happened as described in the OP then there would be no point in me bidding any more than the £20-£30 as i would just get cleaned out by people willing to pay $1000 (WTF?), ever since marriage, kids, mortgage etc came along, i find myself a lot less wealthy!

These men know :cool:

Impossible to answer accurately.. have to be in the situation before I can say where my limit is..

A rough estimate is probably £50-£100.. But then again I'm currently in school and have a kid.. If I had more money I probably would pay more..

I wouldn't pay any more than the retail price for it. The game is great, entertaining and addicting. With that said, never would I pay a price in the range that some people are quoting. I'd simply wait for the next installment and make sure to get a copy earlier. ;)

I'm guessing the people that are quoting extremely high prices are dependent on their parents or don't work for their money? I can't imagine one would blow several hundred dollars on a game, no matter how great it is. Then again, that's just me.

To buy an item that is considered rare or out of print, I wouldn't pay that much more than the normal shop price . I wouldn't pay more than £40 in this instance for fm. If it was the same situation for amusic cd then I wouldn't pay more than £20. So I guess somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 extra of the rrp

I think FM is one of those games that if you have it, yes you'll play it a lot and enjoy it, but if you don't have it you won't exactly miss it which I think would stop me from bidding daftly on the last copy.

£20 - £30 for a PC game

Kudos with SI ...?? I am the customer remember , theyre not my customers. Theyre the ones who have to mantain their great work for me to buy their product every year.

Not viceversa.

"show off" what exactly ... How stupid I am willing to pay more than retail price ??

Great way of showing off!!

Like the questions says ; Its hypothetically , I have spent 1500 dollars in a new computer with the only purpose of running the game smoothly , why not paying more than 40 pounds for the game.

Also , I assure you hundreds of people would be willing to pay over 100 pounds for their favorite hobby, playing Football Manager.

Kudos with SI ...?? I am the customer remember , theyre not my customers. Theyre the ones who have to mantain their great work for me to buy their product every year.

Not viceversa.

"show off" what exactly ... How stupid I am willing to pay more than retail price ??

Great way of showing off!!

Like the questions says ; Its hypothetically , I have spent 1500 dollars in a new computer with the only purpose of running the game smoothly , why not paying more than 40 pounds for the game.

Also , I assure you hundreds of people would be willing to pay over 100 pounds for their favorite hobby, playing Football Manager.

Hey chill out man, just because you would "hypothetically" pay over the odds, it doesnt mean everybody "hypothetically" would. I can also assure you that a) hundreds of people is not a drop in the ocean when it comes to sales figures for FM and b) if so many people were willing to pay over the top for the game, then SI (or any other company) would reflect this in their prices and charge more. Something is only worth what its bought for.

The kudos to SI part was in reply to a post directly above where i said that, i even quoted it from there!

The showing off part i meant as people being able to show off financially and be able to "hypothetically" spash 10's/100's of £/$ whereas others cant.

Does that clarify it for you?

Depends on your personal value of money, i.e one mans £1000 is another mans £10.

Personally I'd not want to play more than £30-40, I utterly love the game but I hate being ripped off or paying top money for anything. Managed to get FM09 on pre order last year for £18 I think, bargain and was happy to pay that. Would not pay more than £25 for FM10 comes out if its freely and easily available.

Like others say, depends what someone is willing to pay, if it was selling for £250 and people paid it then hey so be it - supply and demand.

what about £ 5 up front £20 over 12 months with a 50% of all money raised when sold on :p

haha good one. Loan to buy for a season? hehe, and when the option expires, buy FM11 which will probably be available in bigger numbers.

Actually, FM09 says I've earned like 8 million pounds, I would gladly offer 5 mil of that money up front for FM10 !

no more than £40
the person who bids the highest could clone the disk and make a huge profit

Being Serious the Maximum has got to be £40

No more than £40 :thup:
Can't say I would pay more than £40. Simply because I couldn't afford to atm.

In Portugal FM is more expensive than that :D:D:D (£43.3)

And lol I'd never pay more than that for a game...

Archived