Few questions about FMH

Well i just want to ask SI a few qustions about the FMH coming out for psp because i am very curious. The match engine will it be only commentary or will it be 2d players as like the pc version. My friends have told me that it is only commentary but i don't believe them.

Also will the handheld version make us wait on a processing screen while it processes the matches that just have to be played?

I feel that these processing screens really slowed down the pc version and as the FMH will be much more quicker i want to know if you removed the processing screens to speed the game up. If not then how have SI changed the game to make it quicker on the PSP?

Thank you in advance.

• SI Staff
Posted 25 March 2006 17:25 Well i just want to ask SI a few qustions about the FMH coming out for psp because i am very curious. The match engine will it be only commentary or will it be 2d players as like the pc version. My friends have told me that it is only commentary but i don't believe them.

Its commentary only - your friends are telling you the truth. Simply put the PSP can't handle the full PC 2D match engine so we decided to make as good a text commentary based one as possible rather than run with a poor 2D one.

Also will the handheld version make us wait on a processing screen while it processes the matches that just have to be played?

I feel that these processing screens really slowed down the pc version and as the FMH will be much more quicker i want to know if you removed the processing screens to speed the game up. If not then how have SI changed the game to make it quicker on the PSP?

There is a very short pause while waiting for other matches to be processed - this is simply because of the amount of computation which needs to be done to work out the results.

The PSP game is however much faster than the PC version in this regard.

i want to know if you removed the processing screens to speed the game up.

It isn't the processing screens which slow the game down its the calculations the game is doing while it displays that message - in the PSP game we don't have the PC's 2D match engine which is why its somewhat quicker (that and we've heavily optimised all areas of the game for the PSP hardware - having a fixed target to aim at is very pleasant in that respect (compared to the PC where there are millions of different configurations out there)).

Archived