Parent-Feeder Team Question

I have tried to search in this forum but couldn't find satisfying answer from first few pages of results. That's why I'm asking this question, don't know if its aready answered. Sorry for that. :o

Lets say I am playing FM09 game with two managers. One is in BS Premier div another is in Leaue 1 div club. Can I make one club parent (or Feeder) of another? Can I directly approach the other club?

I know I can directly ask for loaning players from/to the other club, but is there any way I can link them together?

Hmm. Thanks for the answer.

What you have said is another way to do the thing. But to utilize this I have to select specifically those two clubs at the start of the season. :)

What I am doing is: starting the game with two unemployed managers. Eventually they got job at two different clubs preferably in two different divisions (I will start with different reputation). Now I want to link between those clubs.

So, this is not possible, I guess.

"I'm pretty sure you don't normally get to select a specific club - except once you are held in very high regard by the board of your club.

You can, of course, set up such a relationship in the editor before starting a new game."

i thought you could only specify the feeder links nature like national loan option, international loan option, comercial link

Aye, Eles - that is usually the case. I'm pretty sure that the Board will, if you've been at the club for a long time and have been successful, allow you to also manually select a club. I may be wrong...

wow never knew this was possible better ask someone who's been there for 20 + years to see if this is true :D

If you, or you and a friend, are controlling both clubs then you can loan each other players and arrange friendlies quite easily. I tends to take a few seasons of playing and a good success rate before they let you pick a feeder club.

If you, or you and a friend, are controlling both clubs then you can loan each other players and arrange friendlies quite easily. I tends to take a few seasons of playing and a good success rate before they let you pick a feeder club.

thanks for your input.

wow never knew this was possible better ask someone who's been there for 20 + years to see if this is true :D

Yeah, it's true. I'd been at my current club for around 5 years and been quite successful, it was then I noticed that this option had become available to me. Quite surprised as I really hadn't known about it.

Problem is though that if the club declines, you can't try for another for around half a season (the same as would happen if you asked the board to find one). I've not been able to create a link up this way yet, even though I've tried 4 times now.

Yeah, it's true. I'd been at my current club for around 5 years and been quite successful, it was then I noticed that this option had become available to me. Quite surprised as I really hadn't known about it.

Problem is though that if the club declines, you can't try for another for around half a season (the same as would happen if you asked the board to find one). I've not been able to create a link up this way yet, even though I've tried 4 times now.

i had it after 3 years and getting promoted twice, then in another save i was there 10+ years and didn't get to choose after being really succesfull

I got lucky, Im at Spurs 6 seasons in, I lost a job elsewhere and got offered the job at Southend who are Spurs feeder club, its awesome, I get to buy all the yong talent then send them to Southend. Add further that I manage Dartford too and they are linked to Southend and I end up with youth that has played for Spurs signing for Southend on free and then being loaned to Dartford!, but ts early days, can't wait for next season!

You can choose a specific club. I have been at Arsenal for 6 years and wanted a new feeder team for my kids who just aren't going to make it. When I asked the board, they gave me two options: Choose the type (Commercial, Work Permit etc) or pick the club. I chose Aldershot as they are (still) in League 2 and 10 mins down the road from me:thup:

Archived