Can you achieve 'untouchable' reputation?

I'm in my 17th season on FM '09 and I have a 'World Class' reputation after winning 14 Prem titles, 7 Champions' Leagues, 10 FA Cups, 11 League Cups, 6 World Club Cups and 6 Euro Super Cups. Obviously I am miles clear at the top of the Hall of Fame and I am now ready for a new, more difficult challenge.

QUERY: If I take up the challenge of a really poor lower league club and struggle for 3 or 4 seasons, will my reputation be damaged? I would not want to lose 'World Class' status because it may prevent me from becoming England manager in the future.

You will struggle to get a job that far down the ranks in the first place. :(

You wages should be high and no club from down there will be able to pay the buy out fee. Also clubs might reject you because they can't believe you would stay for longer than a few weeks (at least that is how people try to explain not being able to be accepted on application) I read posts by a lot of people who failed to get a job in the lower ranks after being a world star manager... :(

So probably you would at least have to resign first which by itself will already harm your reputation. Then you will also achieve very little for years, not being able to win any competition with a high reputation rating.

So even if you manage to get a job down there, I am afraid it would harm your reputation. In the end that might even be realistic. I don't believe for instance that Sven-Göran would be able to get a big four job in two years time after having been in L2 and L1 with Notts County.

Archived