Just a quick check on FM2010 Transfers!

In FM09, they revamped the transfer code, but yet I found it very unrealistic. Teams can sell a player to another team for few million and then buy them back within half a season for 20million, and don't play them in the end.

I checked the FM2010 website, and couldn't find any news regarding the transfer market. So just checking, has anything been announced on it yet?

The website mentioned that things are going to be polished. Is the transfer market getting polished too?

Thanks.

Yes, and players can rot in the reserves for a year or two after a team pays £20-30million for them.

But overall, no transfer system is going to please everyone. It will always be "too hard" to buy the best players or "too easy" to pick up the best young talent.

A virtual Man U manager trying to buy Ronaldo back from R. Madrid will have a tough time, so of COURSE they will demand £200,000,000 for him - they don't want to sell him, but every player has his price... eventually. Is Lescott worth £30,000,000? Probably not even close (I doubt Ramos or Chiellini is worth that), but if Man City are willing to pay it, I'm sure Moyes will eventually take it.

Conversely, AI managers don't have the benefit of FMRTE, the data editor, or holidaying ten years into the future, then restarting the game and buying the best kids for £10,000 a pop.

Personally, I just hope AI managers buy players based on the positions they need to strengthen rather than the reputation of available players.

Archived