Should I bother starting a new game on FM09?

A few weeks back I quit playing a long term career game. After quitting I decided I would not bother playing the game again now until the release of FM10.

However, I'm not getting the 'itch' to start a brand new game and feeling like playing in the Portuguese league (something I've never done).

The one thing holding me back is that it takes me an age just to complete a season so by the time I get into the game, the chances are FM will be out.

So, should I start the new game now on FM09 or wait and run my Portuguese game on FM10? Decisions, decisions... :D

Im in the same boat. Not sure to start a new game cause there is no other game out there that i want to play! I like the war games but have played all the good ones. Want to go back to FM but is it worth it now that i want to play FM10 so much with all the new stuff in it.

I agree with DevineOne. I think you should start a new game if you want to and don't concern yourself with the impending release of FM2010. Wait until the demo is available and try that so you can find out what bugs await you!

I was in exactly the same boat as you this time last year Colorado.

In the end, I started a few games but never got into any of them. Then I decided to abandon FM and wait to start a new game on FM09.

Would you like to know what I wish I had done?

I actually had a career game going, which I had decided to put to bed. I wish I had either returned to that career game or perhaps even just started a new game on FM08 in all honesty. When I got FM09, it was a huge anticlimax, with a whole bunch of issues making it unplayable for me, especially long-term. As a result, I didn't end up starting a new game on FM09 until the second patch came out.

There is still a long time until FM10 and chances are that it might need a patch again before you can start a long-term game.

If it was me, I would start a new game on FM09. When FM10 is out, I would have a quick look, maybe start a few different games to get used to it, and play it casually at first. You can do this alongside your FM09 game. Then when the second or perhaps even the final patch is out, you can start your long-term game.

Regards,

C.

Archived