The Wise, The Talented and The Athletic, Which is really the perfect breed?

Isn't this a good idea?  

1. 1. Isn't this a good idea?

• Yes it looks like a fab Idea, pm me when you've finished...
    • It looks good, I've got my eye on this one...
    • It's alright and pretty average infact...
    • It's not that good so I wouldn't bother...
    • GET BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD, I'VE NEVER SEEN SUCH A RIDICULOUSLY BAD IDEA!!!

Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, David Villa, Kaka... Just some of the names we hear all around the world from fans of football teams alike. But can any of them really be called the world's greatest football player? Is there any such thing as a perfect player? Surely in the world's population being as vast as it is, somewhere on this planet may be a boy...man...girl...woman, truely born to play the game we so dearly love. What makes the perfect player? Is it his skill, and technical ability on the ball. A player who is gifted by what I like to call the 'Midas Touch'. A player that can convert a simple run into a compilation of dazzling skill and ability? Or is it the wise... The player who is football smart with a mental drive towards achieving the very best with every game he or she may play... A player with vision, anticipation, concentration and determination that far exceeds his comrades? However we cannot forget the athletic ones. The fastest players turn their pace into a weapon of mass domination, players who can leave defenders in their dust and still have time to tie their shoelaces? Even the strong can shrug off challenges, win tackles, trap the ball and hold off opponents with ease... All these different possibilities and yet only one conclusion... That the perfect player can only be equipped greatly in each and every one of these areas.

What better season than 2009/2010? The teams will be called Einstein Football Club, Midas United and Olympic Athletic (I'll change as soon as I think up better names :p) Each player of each team given a squad of 30 players (this includes reserves) and the youth will be generated...

The Background: Einstein F.C. ...

Einstein F.C was founded by a man named Owen Clarridge... A man with vision and perception and above all a man who believed that the perfect team was a clever team. So he set out collecting the cleverest 17 year old footballers to begin his reign over the Blue Square. Their manager also clever with an eye for talent and mental coaching attributes of a god...

With the database I will create... You will have the ability to manage or watch from afar a choice (or all) of three teams. Each gifted in the areas previously stated but at one cost. Each team has a wealth of players (Number inserted at later date) but only gifted in one of the areas. A Team of Geniuses... A Team of Special Ones... and A Team of Usain Bolts (Sorry I mean Olympic Degree Athletes (But not real ones...)) Battling it out all with but one goal; the chance to prove that their gift is the greater of the three... One exception, each team is given one Prefect player who plays where he can make the most impact, in central midfield. The perfect player can play in any position except goalkeeper...

Would you be interested? Would you love to test you skills as the manager of one of these teams? To prove which is the best? Or would you like to watch them battle it out and ultimately solve that question for you... the choice is yours to make and mine to deliver, all you need to do is post :D

All of the teams will start lower in the Blue Square Premier League replacing poor Hayes&Yeading, Gateshead and Salisbury. They will look to work their way up to the top. But for example the teams that are technically gifted will not be abysmal in everything else, just on the borderline of average and below average...

(More info comes with more posts :p)

If you are going to publish a database, no participation from us is needed until you release the database. :s After you release it, we can report how we are getting along. If you are just measuring interest at this stage, you could run a poll asking if everyone thinks it would be a good idea or not.

These things take time aswell, don't expect results immediately :thup:

I think you've probably misunderstood the purpose of this forum.

We have three kinds of thread here:

• Challenges – where people play FM with a particular aim and to a specific set of rules
  • Sign Ups – where people 'sign up' to become part of an interactive FM story or experiment

• Experiments – where people test out how the game handles certain situations and report on their findings

All three of them involve you actually doing something once the thread has been posted, if all you want to do is create a database and let people play it the best place for you is the editors forum.

Saying that, if you are intending on creating any of these types of threads and you are planning on contributing regularly to it, go for it. For now though I'll close this and let you think about what it is you really want to do.

If you don't understand or want further clarification, please PM me, I'll do my best to explain.

Archived