Improve Player History

Can player histories please be improved, atm they are very messy and have a lot of useless information included e.g. reserve history (at certain clubs) and seasons in which the player didn't feature.

History 1 includes 32 appearances for the reserve squad and a season with 0 appearances for Bayern as he was on loan at Saint-Etienne.

History 2 includes 3 appearances for the reserve squad and a season with 0 appearances for Bayern II as he was on loan at Leverkusen.

History 3 includes 9 appearances for the reserve squad.

I know it's no big deal, but I like to keep tabs on player appearances, goals etc and duplicate seasons (due to loans) in which no appearances are made for one club shouldn't be included. The same goes for appearances for reserve teams, regardless of whether they take part in a division or not.

• SI Staff

I don't agree. If a player has gone on loan to a team but not played for them it should still be shown in their history. The same with being part of a squad and not featuring.

No, sorry, lost in translation. The loan should appear, but it also shows the team that owns him i.e. Bayern 0 appearances, Lyon 30 appearances. There's no need to show the Bayern part, because he spent the season at Lyon.

E.g. History 1, season 14/15 should only show his loan spell at Saint-Etienne and not the 0 appearances he made for the team who owns him.

I'm talking about duplicates of seasons, even though they only played for one team.

I never said anything about leaving out seasons! I'm talking about duplicate seasons or seasons spent with the reserves in which it show up as 0 appearances for the first team, rather than however many appearances for the reserves. There will be no gaps.

I agree, but I'd also be happier if those lines showed more than just league games.

Yes, you can select a season to see the other stats in the applet below, but you could just as easily select a season to see the breakdown of league games.

I hate when a player has an outrageously good european campaign and his player history seemingly reflects none of it on the initial view.

I think it's fine as it is. If the player has not spent the entire season of Jul 1st till Jun 30th on loan (which in FM never happens anyway) then the information whether he had appearances for his owner team remains interesting.

I think it's fine as it is. If the player has not spent the entire season of Jul 1st till Jun 30th on loan (which in FM never happens anyway) then the information whether he had appearances for his owner team remains interesting.

And if he has made an appearance then it stays, if he hasn't it's pointless. If there is duplication season you would know that he made an appearance for his parent club, if not then it would be obvious that he didn't, so there would be no need to make that information available.

I'd be happy with being able to view stats for ALL appearences as default in the player history page rather than having to manually click on each year individually to see the stats for all comps in that year. When you click on career history it should show just that his career history, not just the league stats.

Lol... I like checking B teams results... Dont agree with at least that part...whats the problem anyways? They are actual teams its not like English reserve teams... couldnt care less about Joao Moutinho's (and some other portuguese players) long histories tho (dont really mind them..)

Archived