Strikers Poor Goalscoring record

Im Roma manager in 2010. I have 3 strikers i use: Totti, Vucinic & Pazzini.

No matter what formation I play, my strikers dont score.

This season

Totti - 6 in 24

Vucinic - 8 in 29

Pazzini - 1 in 10

Im in March 2010, im 3rd in the league and predicted 6th. Mexes is my top scorer with 14 goals. I sold Julio Baptista because he scored 2 in 15, and I sold Pandev for £40mil because he only got 2 in 18.

Is there any specific instructions for strikers or is it just the formations im playing ?

i'm roma and i use the 'sexyfootball' tactic from the tactics forum - i know it's kinda cheating but when you look at this tactic it's actually pretty straight forward.

as roma i score bags of goals using this. vucinic and rossi destroy teams.

Im Roma manager in 2010. I have 3 strikers i use: Totti, Vucinic & Pazzini.

No matter what formation I play, my strikers dont score.

This season

Totti - 6 in 24

Vucinic - 8 in 29

Pazzini - 1 in 10

Im in March 2010, im 3rd in the league and predicted 6th. Mexes is my top scorer with 14 goals. I sold Julio Baptista because he scored 2 in 15, and I sold Pandev for £40mil because he only got 2 in 18.

Is there any specific instructions for strikers or is it just the formations im playing ?

1) It's your tactics

2) Corner exploit much? ;)

This FM has serious issues with strikers.

when i play 4-4-2 my right striker scores more than left. I play Vagner Love right 3 seasons he scored about 120 goals,but my left striker (bojan,aguero) 10-15 goals per season :(

My AMR/L and AMC scores more goals than my other one striker :@

This FM has serious issues with strikers.

when i play 4-4-2 my right striker scores more than left. I play Vagner Love right 3 seasons he scored about 120 goals,but my left striker (bojan,aguero) 10-15 goals per season :(

My AMR/L and AMC scores more goals than my other one striker :@

this FM definitely has issues with strikers. ive had very consistent players like villa and totti go on 10 hours without a goal streak.

this FM definitely has issues with strikers. ive had very consistent players like villa and totti go on 10 hours without a goal streak.

Why does that mean that this FM has a problem with strikers?

Have they been missing buckets of chances every single game for prolonged periods of time? That would suggest there might be a problem with the game, anything else just suggest that you might have a problem with your tactics.

I hadn't had a high-scoring forward for a while, but after some changes to my tactics (actually made with other aims in mind) I've found that he's scoring pretty regularly.

i had torres score 1 goal in the first half of a season with liverpool, with some slight tactical adjustments and after reading some stuff on these forums regarding motivation he went on to score nearly every game in the second half of the season and started the following season exceptionally well, managing to pick up 2nd in world player of the year and 1st in world striker of the year.

All deep strikers (usually on the right side), all AMCs and MCa, will have poor rating unless they are involved in goal...(they score, assist, or just included in goal action). That really annoys me! :D

I was manchester united on one of my saves. No matter what i did Tevez, Rooney and Berba could not find the net think they had like 15 all season. My top goal scorer was Anderson with like 12? in Jan i bought Hulk from Porto forgot how much i paid for him. And he bagged around 9/10. Plus them goals saved my job making my final position in the league 2nd.

My strikers also dont score many goals. For some reason they like to shot from 50 meters. You would think setting long shots to low would help :). Its not all bad though since my wingers score a few goals and one my defenders is really deadly from corners. He always gets the ball and scores. Even had a hattrick once. And im not talking about headers only. Perhaps i should start playing him as a striker :).

Why does that mean that this FM has a problem with strikers?

Have they been missing buckets of chances every single game for prolonged periods of time? That would suggest there might be a problem with the game, anything else just suggest that you might have a problem with your tactics.

I hadn't had a high-scoring forward for a while, but after some changes to my tactics (actually made with other aims in mind) I've found that he's scoring pretty regularly.

it has nothing to do with tactics.with the same tactics villa scored 7 goals in 4 matches. then he suddenly goes on a 10 hour without a goal streak? for one of the best strikers in the game?

Just something to note. Despite your strikers not scoring, you're still overperforming. OK, you're abusing the corner bug, but even then, your team is probably doing something right. This is a post I made in another thread on the subject of strikers not scoring (so ignore the reference to an earlier post). Might be food for tought.

Here's something else I've thought of, inspired by a numebr of threads on the same topic that keep cropping up. The subject of strikers not scoring goals. I'm going to go with an example again, as I find it easiest to show my point that way.

The game I was talking about in my "statistics" fallacy (and indeed this point is related to that one, but it comes up some much, I'm going to make it separate) was one where I was managing Wuxi Zhongbang in China. In particular, I was referring to my 5th and final season there, when I claimed the Super League title and reched the semi-finals of the ACL. For this point, I'm going to go back a season. The team was similar, but, as they were nearly all youngsters, it was obviously weaker than a year later. My flying wingers were good, but had a season less of development. My target man was the same, but even weaker, and was probably my 4th choice striker.

By the end of the season (30 games) my top scorer was my MC(a) (in a 442), with 8 league goals. My highest scoring striker had 6. My other strikers had 5, 4 and 4. Now, certainly, they did have some injuries, so I was forced to rotate them, but even so, their strike rate was poor. I guess my tactics were flawed? Well, perhaps they were, but on the other hand, I won the league with a team predicted to finish 12th.

How the hell could I do that? Well, first off, the team was built around a very strong defense. Rarely did I conceed, and IIRC, I only let in more than one goal on two (maybe three) occasions. Secondly, the whole team was contributing with goals. Barring my keeper, all of my first choice 11+7 had a goal to their name by the end of the season.

So, my point is, even if your strikers aren't scoring that many, it doesn't mean that you're doing something wrong, providing the team as a whole is performing. Could I have gotten my strikers to score more? Almost certainly. However, doing so might well have disrupted the rest of the team's play. Given that I was performing fanatstically, I saw no reason to take this risk.

it has nothing to do with tactics.with the same tactics villa scored 7 goals in 4 matches. then he suddenly goes on a 10 hour without a goal streak? for one of the best strikers in the game?

I notice that you didn't answer my question. Have they been missing bucketloads of easy chances for inexplicable reasons?

If not, then IT IS your tactics. Anyone can go on a goalscoring run for four games, especially since you haven't mentioned what opposition you were facing; it doesn't mean that it's not your tactics. It's not like he was scoring well for a season, and then started struggling - four games is nothing.

If one of the best strikers in the game isn't scoring it's because you are playing him too deep, or you have him trying through balls, or you have him isolated, or any number of reasons.

If you want to solve the issue - watch a match in full, and watch where he gets the ball. What you shouldn't do is blame the game for something that's your fault.

Someone's tactic in this forum got their striker 125 goals in a season - the issue is not the coding, and it's not David Villa, it's YOU.

I notice that you didn't answer my question. Have they been missing bucketloads of easy chances for inexplicable reasons?

If not, then IT IS your tactics. Anyone can go on a goalscoring run for four games, especially since you haven't mentioned what opposition you were facing; it doesn't mean that it's not your tactics. It's not like he was scoring well for a season, and then started struggling - four games is nothing.

If one of the best strikers in the game isn't scoring it's because you are playing him too deep, or you have him trying through balls, or you have him isolated, or any number of reasons.

If you want to solve the issue - watch a match in full, and watch where he gets the ball. What you shouldn't do is blame the game for something that's your fault.

Someone's tactic in this forum got their striker 125 goals in a season - the issue is not the coding, and it's not David Villa, it's YOU.

i play him in front(forward runs often) and behind him 3 AMC's(mata,silva,joaquin).its just that during this period of 9-11 hours without a goal,they(ST) do nothing,i sometimes feel like he is playing **** on purpose,they dont get involved and when in the highlights you see them only miss 1-on-1's which i think is wrongly coded that when they are not in form they play miraculously bad.next time when my ST is not scoring ill try to watch the full match.

you just need to look after your strikers how i do is if one of my strikers is not scoring that much goals and my other one is put the one that's scoring a lot in subs beach and replace him with another striker who is not in your 1st team

example

Eto-2 goals in 10 games Rooney-10 goals in 15 games

put rooney in beach and replace him for a striker you don't use as 1st team

Eto , Defo upfront in one match

and see what Eto does in that match if he plays good

Had Milevskyi (Dinamo) and Cordoba (? - the Benfica guy) for 5 years at Newcastle. 20 goals at least each season, and one of them would top 30 each season.

Then John Fleck came in and netted 2 goals every 3 games.

My midfielders almost always out scores my strikers, so I have decided only to use the 4-2-3-1 formation, which means 1 striker less to waste changes and 1 midfielder more to put them into the goal. :)

Archived