Fans Disappointed With Signing(s)

What bugs me is when you sign a youngster who looks 'promising' with a view to developing him for the future and it comes up saying the board or the fans are disappointed with this signing as they think he is not up to scratch, without really taking in the bigger picture.

Perhaps not entirely relevant to the original post but it really bugs me and I quite fancy a short rant about it.

It is quite relevant because that is one of the reasons I made the post. I signed someone dubbed the next Marcos Senna. I rarely play him because he's backup, I give him a game now and again to gain some experience.

I wish there was something we could tick to let the board and fans know it's 'one for the future' - or something similar.

What bugs me is when you sign a youngster who looks 'promising' with a view to developing him for the future and it comes up saying the board or the fans are disappointed with this signing as they think he is not up to scratch, without really taking in the bigger picture.

Perhaps not entirely relevant to the original post but it really bugs me and I quite fancy a short rant about it.

Same here, I buy some 16 or 17 year old regens to keep in my under 18's team for a couple years. And in a few months the fans are disappointed that they have played so few games for the club. FFS, there are a few years left for them to play in the first team. They cant expect me to play with a few 16 year olds and have them walk away injured just due to low strength.

Yeah, I've got Zuculini, Lewandowski, and Holtby in my Lazio u20's and the fans are disappointed with them. Presumably because they are not seen by the engine as playing and are therefore not good enough.

It's a similar situation to when you play your pups in an early round of any domestic cup against a weaker team, or an end of season run out when you are saving your key players, the odds and match analysis still treat as if you put out your strongest side.

You would think setting the squad status to 'Hot Prospect for the Future' would help, but it doesnt seem to make much difference in my experience.

It's a logical assumption. I don't think it would be hard for SI to change it so that when we set our prospective young signings to hot prospect they don't get taken into account until later.

I'd be happy even if it was something like: "disappointed he hasn't played many games for the club but they acknowledge he's one for the future and will be keeping a close eye on him" - it's the acknowledgement that needs fixing. We need the board and fans to acknowledge what we're doing; signing for the future.

I agree. It really annoys me when some 16-year old hot prospect signed for less than £50k is seen as a bad signing by the fans. Why would the expect him to have played any games at all?

Agreed. Maybe SI could put something in so signings with "hot prospect" aren't dealt with as harshly by the fans? Don't get me wrong, there are very talented youngsters out there who could walk into some first team action at a club but if you sign a 16 year old youngster because he's very promising... chances are he isn't going to play every single match. And it would be nice if the fans could understand that. :(

The stupid thing is you can get a message titled "Fans praise new team y signing" which then says in the message "Manager x is currently basking in the adulation of team y's fans due to the signing of promising youngster player z. The fans are pleased with Manager x's eye for talent." or something similar. Then a few months later they are unhappy he has played so few games.

I agree it should be fixed for players who are clearly youngsters who have been signed for the future.

Maybe if he's playing in the First Team and is clearly not up to scratch then they should criticise you for buying / playing him, but not if he's in the reserves rated as a hot prospect.

Was just saying this on another thread - squad status, if it's going to affect anything, should really effect the fans' view of signings, and the number of games p.a that a player needs to play to stay happy. It doesn't seem to affect either.

Archived