[FM09] 香港 - Pearl of the Orient

Raware

After much deliberation on how to write my updates for my new career thread, i have decided to continue writing them in a similar form to my previous career thread From Hong Kong With Love

This is a save which i was playing on FM08 last year and have recently gone back to due to some frustrations with FM09. So here is my career so far...please be patient as due to the nature of my updates it may take a minute for the page to load :D

Feel free to comment, good or bad.

I'll warn people now if they don't wish to see player naming then this thread isn't for you as i name quite a few.

Game – Football Manager 2008 (PC).

Version – Official SI 8.0.1 patch with no edits

Leagues:

• Argentina (Second Division and above)
  • Belgium (Third Division and above)
  • Brazil (Second Division and above)
  • Croatia (Second Division and above)
  • Denmark (Second Division and above)
  • England (Coca-Cola League Two and above)
  • France (National and above)
  • Germany (Second Division and above)
  • Holland (Eerste Divisie and above)
  • Hong Kong (First Division)
  • Italy (Serie B and above)
  • Norway (First Division and above)
  • Portugal (Liga Vitalis and above)
  • Russia (First Division and above)
  • Scotland (Third Division and above)
  • Spain (Liga BBVA and above)
  • Sweden (First Division Elite and above)

Past experience - Sunday League footballer.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Career Summary

Season	Team		League              	Competition			  Progress
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
07-08	Happy Valley	HK 1st Division	    	League				: 1st - Champions
					FA Cup				: Winners
					League Cup			: Winners
					Senior Shield			: Winners
08-09	Happy Valley	HK 1st Division		League				: 1st - Champions
					League Cup			: Winners
09-10	Happy Valley	HK 1st Division		League				: 1st - Champions
					League Cup 			: Winners
					Asian Confederation Cup		: Quarter Final
10-11	Happy Valley	HK 1st Division		League				: 1st - Champions
					Asian Confederation Cup		: Semi Final
11-12	Happy Valley	HK 1st Division		League				: 1st - Champions
					Asian Confederation Cup		: Winners
12-13	Happy Valley	HK 1st Division		League				: 1st - Champions
					Asian Champions League		: Group stage
13-14	Happy Valley	HK 1st Division		League				: 1st - Champions
14-15	Happy Valley	HK 1st Division		League				: 1st - Champions
15-16	Happy Valley	HK 1st Division		League				: 1st - Champions
16-17	Happy Valley	HK 1st Division		League				: 1st - Champions
					Senior Shield			: Quarter Final
					Asian Champions League		: Quarter Final
17-18	Happy Valley	HK 1st Division		League				: 1st - Champions
					Asian Champions League		: Winners
					Club World Championship		: Winners
18-19	Happy Valley	HK 1st Division		League				: 1st - Champions
19-20	Happy Valley	HK 1st Division		League				: 1st - Champions
20-21	Happy Valley	HK 1st Division		League				: 1st - Champions
					Senior Shield			: Semi Final
21-22	Happy Valley	HK 1st Division		League				: 1st - Champions

Club Honours

Hong Kong First Division - 1965, 1989, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Hong Kong FA Cup - 2000, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Hong Kong League Cup - 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Hong Kong Senior Challenge Shield - 1978, 1983, 1990, 1998, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022

Asian Confederation Cup - 2011

Asian Champions League - 2017

Club World Championship - 2017

Players Corner

Here we take a look at past greats who have pulled on the Happy Valley shirt

Fagner - A great servant to the club who was already at the club before i arrived. Made 62 league apps and scored 21 goals. Overall record in all competitions - 119 apps/39 goals

Gerard - Another great servant to the club. In his first spell at the club he made 108 apps and scored 48 goals. After a season in Indonesia i decided to bring him back to the club for £20k where he made 49 league apps and scored 12 goals; 106 apps and 22 goals in all competitions. After his playing days ended it was only right to offer him a position within the coaching staff. Overall record in all competitions - 214 apps/70 goals

Lauri Dalla Valle - Despite only being at the club for 5 years, he made enough of an impression to be deemed a club great. After arriving on a free transfer, he made 47 league apps scoring 15 goals. Overall record in all competitions - 99 apps/63 goals

Ahmed Jaouachi - An outstanding goalkeeper who i was very sad to see go. I didn't want to lose him but CSKA were adament in having him and made a ridiculous offer which was just too good to turn down. Nevertheless, in 5 years was outstanding for the club, making 32 league apps and scoring 1 goal. Overall record in all competitions - 84 apps/1 goal

David Fontbonne - Another outstanding goalkeeper who was bought from the same club as his compatriot, Jaouachi. In 5 years he racked up 33 league apps. Overall record in all competitions - 69 apps/0 goals

Yang Jun - A superb midfielder in the 7 years he was at Happy Valley. Made 58 league apps scoring 15 goals in his time at Mongkok stadium before moving on to Tianjin for £1 million. Overall record in all competitions - 112 apps/19 goals

Jing Yi - Arrived at the club for a record £450k but worth every penny. An excellent defender who despite only being at the club for 3 years, made a real impact at the club. Made 24 league apps and scored 3 goals before wanting a move back home to China. Overall record in all competitions - 34 apps/4 goals

Kenneth Flores - After arriving at the club for free, immediately went out on loan for 2 years at Citizen to gain some experience where he amassed 25 goals in 38 apps. Feeling he was ready for 1st team football, he went on to make 42 league apps scoring 20 goals in 4 years before a big money move to RBC. Overall record in all competitions - 72 apps/47 goals

Li Haibo - Another excellent defender who arrived for peanuts. Made 35 league apps scoring 1 goal in 5 years before a £3.5 million move to Portugal. Overall record in all competitions - 88 apps/2 goals

Zhan Xiaodong - Arrived for a club record £500k from Shandong with a superb report from my scouts. Although he was only at the club for around 3 years, he was a massive hit with the fans after amassing 29 league goals in just 20 apps. With such an incredible scoring ratio it wasn't long before the bigger clubs were sniffing around and Leiria came in with a bid of £3.9 million which was just too good to turn down. Overall record in all competitions - 37 apps/50 goals

Francisco Vallejo - Arrived in the 2012/13 season as a raw 18 year old goalkeeper with a lot potential. Went on to put in some great performances for the club whilst gaining 7 u21 caps. In the 9 years spent at the club made 41 league apps whilst gaining HK citzenship too. Wanted a move to a bigger club and went back home to Mexico to sign for Chivas for £20k. Overall record in all competitions 84 apps/0 goals

Wang Xuanhong - A true club legend after spending 15 years at the club! First arrived in 2007 on loan from Dalian but didn't start a game. Arrived for a second spell on loan the next season where he bagged 9 goals in 16 games. Completed a third consecutive season on loan the next year (2009) and made a big impact scoring 12 goals in 26 games. After 3 successful loan spells i decided to make his move permanent for a fee of £30k and it was probably the best buy i've ever had. In the proceeding 12 years he went on to score 295 goals in all competitions which included 147 league goals, making him the clubs top goal scorer of all time. Overall record in all competitions - 382 apps/316 goals

Lu Gang - Another player who despite only being at the club for a short spell, made a significant impact to be deemed a club great. In the 4 years he spent at Mongkok stadium he went on to make 36 league appearances, scoring 5 goals before a £3 million move to Dortmund came his way which the chairman kindly accepted! :mad: Also gained HK citizenship as well 13 caps and 2 goals at international level for China. Overall record in all competitions - 74 apps/14 goals

*All stats up to date to current season

Congratulations on Confederation's cup glory. But I think the cup competion is called the asian Champions League If I am right. Sorry to be picky there. A new style of updating really that people should enjoy.

Does it get boring always winning the league now? And have you had any other job offers come in?

Congratulations on Confederation's cup glory. But I think the cup competion is called the asian Champions League If I am right. Sorry to be picky there. A new style of updating really that people should enjoy.

Does it get boring always winning the league now? And have you had any other job offers come in?

Cheers Sax :thup: No, it is actually the Asian Confederation Cup. Then once you have won that, that is when you are entered into the Asian Champions League...which i'm currently playing in and trying to win. Depending on the country you're playing in and the reputation it has within Asia depends on who plays in the Confederation Cup and who plays in the Champions League.

I thought i'd change the update style slightly as 1) writing as much as i did before was very time consuming and i don't have the time to do that for this save and 2) several people expressed their disappointment at the lack of detail in my last thread. I thought updating this way would still give the 'feel' of my previous thread which people seemed to like yet still incorporate the detail that some people wanted.

It never gets boring winning! :D Domestically it's been a breeze but i've found myself in a similar situation to Nep in that my aim is to conquer the continental scene. I've had a couple of offers but none that interested me.

Cheers Sax :thup: No, it is actually the Asian Confederation Cup. Then once you have won that, that is when you are entered into the Asian Champions League...which i'm currently playing in and trying to win. Depending on the country you're playing in and the reputation it has within Asia depends on who plays in the Confederation Cup and who plays in the Champions League.

I thought i'd change the update style slightly as 1) writing as much as i did before was very time consuming and i don't have the time to do that for this save and 2) several people expressed their disappointment at the lack of detail in my last thread. I thought updating this way would still give the 'feel' of my previous thread which people seemed to like yet still incorporate the detail that some people wanted.

It never gets boring winning! :D Domestically it's been a breeze but i've found myself in a similar situation to Nep in that my aim is to conquer the continental scene. I've had a couple of offers but none that interested me.

Sorry for my lack of knowladge for the Asian scene, with me being in Australia is disapointing for me. :(

It is getting boring for me winning the BSS and that's only been for half a season.

Sorry for my lack of knowladge for the Asian scene, with me being in Australia is disapointing for me. :(

It is getting boring for me winning the BSS and that's only been for half a season.

No need to apologise Sax, there are plenty of league's i know nothing about. That is another thing i like about this new forum; people play leagues in countries i've never played in and through reading their updates it gives me a slight insight at how that paticular league works. EG, JSalter's thread in Bulgaria, CharlesBeams in Africa and viiralx's in Brazil. Reading their threads has given me at least some idea of how they work.

I suppose i'm not getting bored because although i'm totally dominating the domestic front, the continental scene is a lot harder and is giving me something to work towards.

Archived