Whats the first thing you will do on FM2010 Release day?

As the title says......I will probably go into town as early as possible before work,buy it and sit and work watching the clock for home time, teasing myself by reading the manual at lunch!!

So what will everyone else do on release day? Do you have a yearly routine?

Ah this old chestnut. Well I'll be playing the game probably :p

Providing the demo isn't a complete failure I'm probably going to take the day off work just so I can play it, although when my boss asks I don't think I'll be saying the truth for fear of getting slagged off or something. Might go to Tesco at midnight just to harass the nightshift to get me a copy, but that may in turn lead to me pulling an all-nighter or something, and I've kind of given those up for my own good.

I'll go against the strongest instincts I have and load up a new game as Liverpool. I'll then look through all the players' attributes to see what has changed for better and for worse. Repeat the 1st sentence infinitely... :rolleyes:

Probably similar to the OP in the daft idea of buying it before twiddling my thumbs through 11hrs of work before I can fire it up. Once I do probably the usual starting point of a quick blast with West Ham to get the hang of things and find players/tactics to do the trick.

Catch a taxi. As I mentioned in another thread, I'll be getting my copy with some Argos vouchers my mum gave me, so will effectively be getting it for free. The downside is that I'll have to lump it in with her home delivery order to avoid having to pay for it, and therefore will have to wait a couple of days before it arrives.

At least I can avoid another DRM release day disaster. :D

If by release day you mean on the stroke of midnight, I'll probably have a few more drinks with some lovely ladies in a hostess bar or three, stagger home and sleep. Then I'll wake up, shower and get round to doing some work. In the afternoon I'll check the forum to get the first reports of FM10 (I'm 6 hours ahead of UK) and curse my luck that it'll be about a month before I can get my mits on the game. Still, those lovely slim dancers are waiting ...

In short, same as the rest of you, no?

Definitely taking a day or so off to enjoy, got shed loads of holiday left between now and March, and not enough money to go anywhere interesting, so might as well take a day or so to fidget about with it, and then a week off after the first, unfortunately likely, patch.

I'm always at work on the day of release so I usually pick up a copy on my way home from work and start playing it that evening.

Surely you'll mark your student homework first? No, ok I suppose you have to get your priorities right!

Add all 400 odd leagues in England with the new editor, plus the missing clubs, stadiums and any players I can find out about, that'll take about a week. Load the new game once it's done, that'll take another week. Then start unemployed and get a job at level 24. Continue one day, that'll take a few real life days to process. A day later realise it's still not enough, and get to work on adding reserve leagues, pub leagues etc.

Not really, but someone is bound to try adding every English league before realising no PC can handle 400+ divisions.

My daily routine

Open the FM box

Install

Love the game

Moan about game

Exactly this! :D

No, I hope I won't moan at all really. :p

I'll install and check out the Blue Square South data. Definitely the first thing. Then I will probably bug my head researcher about various things in non-League until he loses the will to live. :D

Then I'll probably play with the tactics wizard and come on here and moan about it... No, hopefully not! I really hope that I will enjoy the tactics creator.

I expect I will play a lot with different tactics though and test the new creator out. I will definitely be trying out a 4-3-3 as I'm a bit obsessed over that system right now (this coming from a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 man!)

So non-League data and tactics for me. I'll be in football nerd heaven! :D

Regards,

C.

Archived