When Will You Buy FM 2010?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually wait until Christmas time for 2 reasons:

1. I like playing with the updated patches and what's the point of buying a game when there's gonna be a new patch a month later and you need to start over?

2. I don't play this game during the academic year. Winter break is my first major break.

the release date was 30. october right? i guess i either get the hard copy 29. october or 30. october... depends on when i get it in the mail... and if I dont got the hardcopy so I can start playing 00:00 30. October then I will buy from steam:p

1. I like playing with the updated patches and what's the point of buying a game when there's gonna be a new patch a month later and you need to start over?

I didnt think you needed to re-start for the patch to work?

I normally purchase game on day one - and enjoy. I do look in the forum to see if any any problems I've found have been spotted, or not,I'll update forum (normally most people people have spotted problems). I dont get too upset about bugs, because I know that SI work on updated patches.

I thought they release a patch on release day or was that just last year? Anyway its a pre-order for me. Last year it came 2 days late and I was going nuts as it was all i could think about. So i won't be ordering from "The Hut" again. I'll probably get it from "Play".

I'll get it in February when the final patch is released and the game reaches it's peak in terms of playability. It's been admitted by Miles himself in the blog that the version of FM09 that is so popular is the final patch release. Why pay so much for it when you can get a better version and much cheaper in February imo.

Waiting for SEGA's decision on DRM this year. Will either pre-order or wait and see what the chosen scheme is like.

Me too. If they go back to cd check + optional steam install im going to buy it on the first day. If they plan to use online authentication only then im going to buy some other non drm game. FM08 should still work :)

I get 2005, 2006 and 2007 within one week after release. But the necessity for patches started to bother me a lot. 2007 with patch 2 was almost two times better than 2007 without patch and at the time the patch was released the game was half price and I just could start playing it after february.

I promised myself to get 2008 after christmas but I got it again very soon after release because I was given a discount coupon as a present so that I could buy any game with 5 euros, and I coult not resist it.

Finally I kept my promise for 2009, I waited until final patch, and bought it with half price and actually I'm still playing it since it is not yet so old for me. I'm happy with this approach and very likely for 2010 (unless I see something very special in Demo or hear a lot of Great comments for the out of box version) I will wait for post christmas again to purchase it. I hope SI will suprise me and release version will not have any major issues and it will provide enough addition to make me lose interest on 2009, then I will be happy to buy it right away.

With FM09 I started a long term game on release day and patched it up as they were released. I honestly think I would still be playing that game now had my laptop not died.

I'll be aiming to do the same with FM10 and I'll be picking up a copy on my way home from work.

I'm planning to upgrade my processor, hard drive and graphics card so I think that I'll probably do that first and then wait until the first patch is available(assuming the game doesn't need a release day patch!!!) before getting it.

Can't see the major issue with DRM and why so many people hate it, but oh well, to each their own.

You will change your mind when you lose access to something you bought that has DRM. There have been many cases where people lost access to their DRM infected books, music, movies because the service was shut down. I like to play my old games. I doubt more than a few of those would still work if they had DRM. Companies fail, services get shut down. I dont see a reason why access to my games would be in the hands of some company that may or may not even exist in a few years.

You will change your mind when you lose access to something you bought that has DRM. There have been many cases where people lost access to their DRM infected books, music, movies because the service was shut down. I like to play my old games. I doubt more than a few of those would still work if they had DRM. Companies fail, services get shut down. I dont see a reason why access to my games would be in the hands of some company that may or may not even exist in a few years.

Wow, I never suffered anything like that happening with DRM. Played a few games that have used that system as well, like Sims 2 and 3.

Ok, I gave it a month after release to get it as at the time I didn't have the money on me, but it was one time typing the code in, everything else done, Steam auto patching for me, and off I went into the wonderful world of FM. I actually thought that Steam saved me a lot of time in stuff like patches, in FM 08 I never downloaded a patch because for some reason the patch page never would load up for me.

Usually buy on date of release, but don't get stuck in until the first patch. I use the first week or so to check out the games new features and play a few games.

After the first patch I go for Dafuges Challenge!

I prefer to go out and buy the game its more exciting (a little sad but i dont care) the week before its out i usually tend to end up stalking game, hmv etc hoping the game has been released early as it been in years gone by

i've always bought it on the day it comes out but this year I decided to wait until xmas, a couple of reasons for this, have a family now money is very tight, xmas day might actually be bearable when the in-laws come round, also the build up waiting for it

i have now all but given up and expect to buy it on the game it comes out

Just a word of warning;

If they have the activation system in place, and are stupid enough to firstly use said system, and then to not ship out activation codes with pre-orders (allowing you to activate the game via a code sent by email well in advance of release), don't expect to be able to activate the game on release day as soon as you get home.

Archived