sound and stadiums fm2010

Whilst I agree that the database and realism of football manager now is as good as it has ever been and for some graphical and sound on the game are just a by product of a mass database and realism that way but I would like 2 things and this is not a wish list this is after playing championship manager demo and realising 2 very interesting things.

1. Fm2009 match day experience is good but I feel the grounds are a little sterile and seem far to away from the pitch. Only grounds like Bristol City seem to be right and lower leagues a little bit in the way of effort requiring crowds would be nice and the red track look around the pitch just makes you feel like your no way near the pitch.

2. Sounds it has been a bug bearer of mine since 01/02 were the sound’s were 1st class but now lack any sort of real match noise I few chants would be nice and once again I must say championship manager 2010 has nearly got this right.

Before you say go and play cm then I will not be doing and maybe iam answering my own questions here but unlike most I play the whole game not just highlights the whole dame thing and whilst we have sorted the match engine out I feel we need to look at stadiums and sounds as I feel this could enhance our already good game to add total realism.

i understand this is not fifa and hopefully never will be but a little bit more in way of sounds and stadiums would give the match experiance a little bit more about it like the light between night and daylight games which fm have done very well

SI (I think it was Miles) stated somewhere in the middle of the stickied announcement thread that sound wsn't going to chnge much for FM10. He went on to say that, while they're aware it could be better, changes to the existing system had a low priority and that maybe we'd see some kind of changes in '11 or '12.

i hate how sigames only make one or two changes to their game each year, however much they say fm live hasnt affecting things, i feel it has, you look at fifa 2010 and they got a list as long as my arm of changes, this year and every year sigames have a list about as long as my finger of changes, why can't they put in sounds along with the other updates, rather than pan it out till fm2011 or 2012, it feels like they have a list of updates for each game each year so that they don't run out of things to do and has a reason for us to go out and buy the game

i hate how sigames only make one or two changes to their game each year, however much they say fm live hasnt affecting things, i feel it has, you look at fifa 2010 and they got a list as long as my arm of changes, this year and every year sigames have a list about as long as my finger of changes, why can't they put in sounds along with the other updates, rather than pan it out till fm2011 or 2012, it feels like they have a list of updates for each game each year so that they don't run out of things to do and has a reason for us to go out and buy the game

Fifa get everything wrong.

There are so many bugs in the game that make it virtually unplayable.

SI need to spend a lot of time fine tuning the match engine. I believe they are right in choosing to do so because it's basically the heart of the game.

Other games might look flashy but the football is absolutely horrible, and when all is said and done, the football is basically what this game is based on.

And the moral of the story is - Don't buy every new game that comes out. If you're enjoying the current game just stick with it for a while.

FIFA make so many changes because they need to. And they're different types of games anyway I don't see the point in comparing them

I really don't see why FM continues to use sounds effects which sound 10-15 years out of date, regardless of what other third party packs are available. Even the lad who made an improved sound pack could not complete it properly due to the coding so it's not a finished job.

It really does annoy me, when they go on about match day experience yet the sound is pathetic. Isn't that key to creating a realistic football environment? It's not just the last two years it's been terrible since 01/02!

I'm not needlessly slating SI here, it's just something I that really lets the game down. Having realistic sound effects is surely not that difficult.

Archived