Picking a team

Perhaps one of the hardest decisions i find playing the game is who to BE!

From analysing every team in the league in my head before i finally choose a club but yet i still say to myself "nah, i dont fancy being them" icon_eek.gif

just a general question how do YOU go about picking a team to start off with......?

Perhaps one of the hardest decisions i find playing the game is who to BE!

From analysing every team in the league in my head before i finally choose a club but yet i still say to myself "nah, i dont fancy being them" icon_eek.gif

just a general question how do YOU go about picking a team to start off with......?

Its really simple, the things you can't change about a team are the country they play in, the name and the kit colours.

So all you have to do is pick a country and then find a nice colour scheme/funny name team almost always in the lowest division.

First off I choose either Spurs or Darlington as there my 2 teams.

Next off I'll either try a club from the other big nations such as Italy Spain Germany France Holland or Scotland(not that big I know icon_biggrin.gif)

If im bored I'll try and find a club from another country based on the Kit Style/Colour. Dont know why I do that.

Start unemployed and see what job you can get.

Skunner: FYI Sparta actively encouraged homosexuality in it's army to form a closer bond in combat. The idea being that you were likely to fight harder for/die for a comrade in arms if you were also lovers. Bearing this in mind, perhaps your chant should be "CUM ON SPARTAAAAAA!!!

LOL. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

Skunner: FYI Sparta actively encouraged homosexuality in it's army to form a closer bond in combat. The idea being that you were likely to fight harder for/die for a comrade in arms if you were also lovers. Bearing this in mind, perhaps your chant should be "CUM ON SPARTAAAAAA!!!

LOL. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh how I wish "Fancy a bum?" was apart of player interaction now. :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

LOL. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh how I wish "Fancy a bum?" was apart of player interaction now. :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooohhh... if only.

Still, at least you can have a stiff word in his ear...

LOL

icon_razz.gif

Interesting how topics go off at a tangent. Personally I don't swing that way. Recently though, I only agreed with an idea to add womens football management into future versions of FM, so long as the option was available for the manager to shower with his team after the match.

The ladies team moral might not necessarily get a boost, but the manager certainly would get a rise... icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

Interesting how topics go off at a tangent. Personally I don't swing that way. Recently though, I only agreed with an idea to add womens football management into future versions of FM, so long as the option was available for the manager to shower with his team after the match.

The ladies team moral might not necessarily get a boost, but the manager certainly would get a rise... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This policy may not go down too well in Sparta...

...however, if the opportunity to manage semi-pro on the isle of Lesbos were to arise...

...well, it would take considerable self control for any manager to refuse...

icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Next off I'll either try a club from the other big nations such as Italy Spain Germany France Holland or Scotland(not that big I know icon_biggrin.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuse me! Scotland are the only team in that list to have a team in a European final this year and gubbed lyon (from france) 3-0 away.

pffft imagine thinking scottish teams were rubbish

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> pffft imagine thinking scottish teams were rubbish </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> pffft imagine thinking scottish teams were rubbish </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHS icon_wink.gif

Archived