Problem with AI and contracts/Bosmans?

I mentioned in an earlier thread that AI clubs don't seem to make Bosman signings.

I now wonder if there is a bigger problem, namely the AI clubs allowing their players to reach Bosman eligibility far too often.

I just did a quick search for players with expiring contracts, sorted it by the players transfer value, and it seems like the AI teams allow many, many valuable players to reach the last six months of their contracts.

Is there a major AI issue here? Or is this supposed to be simulating players holding out on a new contract so that they can get a lucrative move for themselves?

At the moment it's not a big issue when I'm playing, because I'm managing a league two club. But if you're managing a big club, do you find that it is very easy to sign numerous top players on Bosmans? (Both because good players are readily available in this way, and because the AI clubs don't seem to pursue those players....?)

I mentioned in an earlier thread that AI clubs don't seem to make Bosman signings.

I now wonder if there is a bigger problem, namely the AI clubs allowing their players to reach Bosman eligibility far too often.

I just did a quick search for players with expiring contracts, sorted it by the players transfer value, and it seems like the AI teams allow many, many valuable players to reach the last six months of their contracts.

Is there a major AI issue here? Or is this supposed to be simulating players holding out on a new contract so that they can get a lucrative move for themselves?

At the moment it's not a big issue when I'm playing, because I'm managing a league two club. But if you're managing a big club, do you find that it is very easy to sign numerous top players on Bosmans? (Both because good players are readily available in this way, and because the AI clubs don't seem to pursue those players....?)

Archived