SI Activator has stopped working

• Administrators

If you're having issues activating, then the most common fix can be found below. Follow the instructions exactly as written:

1 - First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

FOR XP:

Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' then 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Delete your license file from the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

FOR VISTA

Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Organize' then 'Folder and Search Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Delete your license file from C:\ProgramData\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Then try to boot the game again and enter code if requested.

2 – Use the activator v3 fix

here are the instructions:

Please download the fix here:

http://www.footballmanager.com/fixv3.zip

To use the fix, please do the following:

1) Download the file to your desktop

2) Unzip the contents of the file - You must unzip ALL of the files... (ActivatorDLL.dll, FootballManager2009.jpg and RunMe.exe)

3) Click RunMe.exe

4) Enter your license key under the panel that reads "Step 1"

5) Press the "Save" button

6) Save the "Request.txt" file to your desktop

7) In Internet Explorer - go to http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/fileactivate.aspx - You may also click the link under the panel that says "Step 2"

8) In the web page that you have opened, please use the "Browse" button to upload "Request.txt" to the server

9) Press "Upload" and upload the file to the server

10) The server will then ask you to save a file called "Response.txt"

11) Save this file to your desktop

12) Next, go back to the fix program. Under the panel that says "Step 3" press the "Load" button and then find Response.txt on your desktop, or wherever you saved it to in step 11, for Vista users the default is the ‘download’ folder in Users Documents, for XP users the default is typically the desktop.

13) Once you have loaded the file - the application will tell you if you have been successful.

14) If you are successful - Please start your game.

If after all this you still cannot run your game, please contact me directly at neil.brock[at]sigames.com and I'll try and help out.

Thanks.

Archived