FM10 Chairman

I was just wondering if the rumours i have heard are true, that on FM10 you can be a chairman of a club, and also if you are playing multi player on steam can you be chairman and have one of your friends as your manager.

Try buying Chairman 2009/2010 :thup::D

I like the idea of being chairman cos I'd love to be able to sack and appoint managers but that's where the appeal ends for me. Maybe a freeware type game made in C++ or something is the best chance for such a thing.

Not such a stupid statement as you might think.

You have a wage as a manager, and career earnings, It would be an interesting sub game or variation on the main game, that you could save these earning, and when you decide and the situation arrises, buy a club (probably a lower league team) and run them. You could choose to handle team affairs yourself, or appoint staff to do various things for you. Invest in the stadium set transfer budgets, take out loans etc etc....

I mean lots of it has nothing do with football management in many ways, more business management, and the scope of it would be too great to encorperate into an already feature and data heavy game, however if SI released an add on to football manager that was game almost dediccted to this I would buy it/play it.

You have a wage as a manager, and career earnings, It would be an interesting sub game or variation on the main game, that you could save these earning, and when you decide and the situation arrises, buy a club (probably a lower league team) and run them. You could choose to handle team affairs yourself, or appoint staff to do various things for you. Invest in the stadium set transfer budgets, take out loans etc etc....

I mean lots of it has nothing do with football management in many ways, more business management, and the scope of it would be too great to encorperate into an already feature and data heavy game, however if SI released an add on to football manager that was game almost dediccted to this I would buy it/play it.

Yes it is. As is said every time this comes up the above would be pointless and boring after about 5 mins. Why use up valuable development time doing something this rubbish?

Yes it is. As is said every time this comes up the above would be pointless and boring after about 5 mins. Why use up valuable development time doing something this rubbish?

Boring to someone who doesnt like business management sims. I understand your point but your self righteous attitude, degrades both your opinion and yourself.

Boring to someone who doesnt like business management sims. I understand your point but your self righteous attitude, degrades both your opinion and yourself.

Please point out to me where I have a self righteous attitude. I make a very valid point that this is a pointless feature that would take up valuable develpment time that could be much better spent in other areas.

Does not agreeing with you make me self righteous?

In another recent "Chairman Manager 2010" type thread that we often see, someone highlighted all the plus points of being able to be a chairman. Me and a few others pointed out that those features would have absolutely no longevity whatsoever.

Please point out to me where I have a self righteous attitude. I make a very valid point that this is a pointless feature that would take up valuable develpment time that could be much better spent in other areas.

Does not agreeing with you make me self righteous?

Self-righteousness (also called sententiousness) is a feeling of smug moral superiority derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of another person.

Just because you might not like something does not make it rubbish.

I do not like classical music, however I certainly dont think it is rubbish.

Anyway, odd to get in argument with computer people. Best wishes and kind regards.

Just because you might not like something does not make it rubbish.

Unfortunately this is where you're completely wrong. I don't simply think this idea is rubbish because I don't like. I know it's rubbish because it get's brought up time and time again on here and there is yet to be a good reason for adding it put forward. As oppose to the hundreds of reasons put forward for why it is pointless.

My statement that it is a rubbish idea is not based on my opinion at all, it is based on fact.

Go play Fifa Manager then if you want this sort of thing.

Unfortunately this is where you're completely wrong. I don't simply think this idea is rubbish because I don't like. I know it's rubbish because it get's brought up time and time again on here and there is yet to be a good reason for adding it put forward. As oppose to the hundreds of reasons put forward for why it is pointless.

My statement that it is a rubbish idea is not based on my opinion at all, it is based on fact.

Ahh fact, the most reason based of resources. Well if its based on fact, then you must be right.

Please accept my sincere and humble appologies for my comments, I did not realise you were basing your opinion on fact. If I had, then surely I would have thought twice about giving a different opinion on such a matter. You are without doubt a wise man, armed with your facts, and I salute you, for the goods deeds you have done and will surely do in the future.

I only hope than one day I am able to use the facts to make a comment, and then we can be fact brothers. You and I. It would be beautiful thing.

But alas, for now it is but a dream.....

Well chopper he wanted FM to turn into a new snazzy game with chairmen type management. I then directed him to a game which already has these features on. So it wasnt better off saying nothing at all.

Ahh fact, the most reason based of resources. Well if its based on fact, then you must be right.

Please accept my sincere and humble appologies for my comments, I did not realise you were basing your opinion on fact. If I had, then surely I would have thought twice about giving a different opinion on such a matter. You are without doubt a wise man, armed with your facts, and I salute you, for the goods deeds you have done and will surely do in the future.

I only hope than one day I am able to use the facts to make a comment, and then we can be fact brothers. You and I. It would be beautiful thing.

But alas, for now it is but a dream.....

I'm glad you have realised your mistake ;)

Apology accepted :thup:

Well chopper he wanted FM to turn into a new snazzy game with chairmen type management. I then directed him to a game which already has these features on. So it wasnt better off saying nothing at all.

Fair enough, the comment just seemed a bit dismissive is all.

Although it's hard not to be dismissive in threads such as this which are brought up a lot, but never sustantiated with a decent reason as to why this feature would actually benefit the game.

Fair enough, the comment just seemed a bit dismissive is all.

Although it's hard not to be dismissive in threads such as this which are brought up a lot, but never sustantiated with a decent reason as to why this feature would actually benefit the game.

Indeed i do tend not to comment on threads along the lines of "when is the game out !11" etc although i tried fifa manager & was not impressed, i thought if this person wants the set up of chairmen he/she would be best suited to play fifa manager. But for FM a chairman feature would not suit way in which SI have been sailing metaphorically

Archived