Would this be an unrealistic idea?

I was thinking, when you're a manager you get a salary of so and so a week, I'm in 2018 and I have made 45m pounds. I'm Everton but if I was to leave Everton and go to another club who might not have as much finances as they'd want to, since I do nothing with the money I have, maybe I could pump it into the club to improve the finances of my new club?

Most people will reply to this and say its unrealistic and wouldnt happen in real life so shouldnt be in the game and I agree with them. Total wages earned is just a cosmetic feature and should remain that way.

I guess so, I just think it's a pointless thing in the game if it's not going to be used so maybe you could buy shares for the club/ or pump money into it.

Its not pointless, it counts towards your clubs wage bill when calculating club finances.

I think if you wanted to do this you could use a Real Time Editor, retire yourself and make a new manager (your son?). The using the Editor input your total wages into a new club's balance and play as the new manager. This way you can pretend you are the chairman or something. That seems somewhat more plausible (obviously nobody would put all their life's earnings in, but you get the idea)

Your total earnings may be pointless but your contract is not. Although a high wage means more expenditure for your club, the higher your wages and longer your contract the less willing your club (especially if they are a smaller club) is to sack you as they havve to pay large compensation.

People do invest money in their favourite clubs, Gary Lineker etc, its rare managers actually earn anywhere near the amount we see players earn in FM, and as such can't really comment. Only the top few managers have wages comparable to some of the higher end footballers, I think if Ferguson was on 300k a week like I'm on, when he quits united if Aberdeen were in trouble he'd put a bit of money their way.

It's one of those things thats deemed unrealistic because managers don't make enough to be able to do it on anything other than noticable to a part-time club.

Your total earnings may be pointless but your contract is not. Although a high wage means more expenditure for your club, the higher your wages and longer your contract the less willing your club (especially if they are a smaller club) is to sack you as they havve to pay large compensation.

i doubt it. this hasn't been coded into the game.

you do bad = you get sacked. regardless of how much money you're on.

I think this idea could be fleshed out a bit to add something new to the game - albeit only a slight moderation.

Maybe when you had amassed a decent amount of money from a fairly lengthy career you could get an option to invest in the club even while as manager - either at the existing club you were at or starting at a new club (would work well if you were a fairly successful manager moving to a lower reputable club).

You could set a certain amount of money to be transferred over a set amount of time and this could help with finances for the club, both wages, transfers and daily expenditure - it would depend on how much you could invest and over what time period.

This could be risky as this may make a poor run of results blaming both you as the manager and the investor as fans would expect to see good results fairly early on - therefore you would have to judge whether investing in the club is a good idea as it could affgect your manager's career reputation. However, if you were fairly successful the chances of getting onto the icon and legend status for a club would be easier as you would have helped in more than just a managerial way.

It should only be an available option after you had won a bit already and amassed a decent wedge of money and it isn't a massive game changer so you wouldn't have to use it, it is just an idea of another aspect to the game and although it isn't common in real life it could be a fun option to challenge yourself at a lower club and raising the expectations of the fans with adding a bit of extra cash.

Wages and contracts are there because it effects job security. The longer and bigger your contract is, the less likely you are to be sacked. Plus any club wanting to hire you will have to pay compensation, which is different depending on your wage and time left on your contract.

Archived