Every season passes.... Same kit! Kit Editor Idea?

Anyone else think a kit editor would be cool? At the start of every year or two, with a choice to make one, auto make one (computer decides) or keep the current kit.

Not a really complicated one, just a simple editor built in game - a preset of strips to choose from, colours, then a slot for a sponser, as well as everytime you change sponser or renew you get to choose.

Just be a change from all the same kits every season you play into the game, this would also work for the teams that are not licensed to have their kit on FM!

I would rather put more effort into build a top squad instead of get busy with kits colours.

i'd would also prefer the SI put more effort into fixing bugs instead of making things that over half of us wont use.

would you prefer a bug free FM or and FM with new kits each season?

I would rather put more effort into build a top squad instead of get busy with kits colours.

i'd would also prefer the SI put more effort into fixing bugs instead of making things that over half of us wont use.

would you prefer a bug free FM or and FM with new kits each season?

New kits..... There will never be a game thats bug free, when they fix current bugs, just because they changed stuff about the game, new bugs will generate.

Otherwise there wouldnt be any bugs at all!

I can make kits (badly) using photoshop, but I can't seem to work out how to change the colour of the team bar. So, even when i'm playing in bright orange away from home, my team name on the scoreboard is still black and white.

on FMRTE i changed my away kit from yellow to red. and on FM on the tactics page in an away game the shirts representing players are red, but on the information screen of my club nothing has changed its still yellow and in the match my team still plays in yellow. y is this?

I've seen games where there's clothing for characters. And you can choose Random. It's not that hard and been done many times in games.

Does the manager get involved in what the Kit looks like? I don't think so?

Is it a good idea? Possibly? Take for example Newcastles away jersey for 2009/10 season. I'm sure sales dipped for that hideous jersey, which affects the club financially.

Changing kits is a part of a football though. Perhaps there could be a set of styles for kits that could be updated for each new patch released. Therefore you won't get the same new kit all the time.

I'm not sure it's important.

I think it will be nice and easy (development wise) addition to add this kit selection into game after each season. That could be even further improved by fans making comments for your selection and that comments affects the sales. Such as you make a blue shirt for ManUni home and you are blamed as traitor, or picking something new for third shirt after a succusfull season and your already happy fans like it.

Something like this would be pretty cool, I know a manager doesnt decide in real life what the kit is but there are things in FM that managers dont do in real life. This would be a bit of harmless fun.

Big Sam used to have a lot of input in the design of the Bolton kit.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=58

you download you have to use winzip then you can eit your kit change the style the line and colour and stuff :D

its the same with FMRTE but you can edit more stuff alike finance and stuff but please dont becusae thats cheating i just showed you this for kit changing FMRTE might be better i ont kno i never tried it :|.. btw but different name

yo get fm 09 editor you can edit your kits change colour and stuf
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=58

you download you have to use winzip then you can eit your kit change the style the line and colour and stuff :D

its the same with FMRTE but you can edit more stuff alike finance and stuff but please dont becusae thats cheating i just showed you this for kit changing FMRTE might be better i ont kno i never tried it :|.. btw but different name

What's being said here is that it should be part of the game. It's not part of the game.

People don't want to use external editors for the game. That's the point and the suggestion. To make it part of the running of the club.

Having fans react, and having sales react positively or negatively. As said, if you choose blue for Man United home jersey the fans wouldn't react very well, it affects sales and etc.

I know it's not Clothing Manager 2010 - and I've already said I'm not sure if it's a good idea. But it's certainly a part of football where kits change every season.

Perhaps if you neglect to update your kit, then fans who already have the kit obviously won't buy next seasons kit resulting in lower sales and turnover for the club, or if it isn't different enough, or the wrong colours etc. then less fans will buy the jersey. If it's a good change and it keeps the fans happy you might see a spike in jersey sales. And when you sign a big player in January you will have fans buy jerseys with his name on it and in the summer you could get a message saying that more fans bought the jersey with MR A.'s name on it etc.

You might want to unveil your new kit to media. The bigger th club the more you can afford to do this. But perhaps with a smaller club you might want to do a low-key event to help boost shirt sales, a main event unveiling the shirt might be expensive and sales wouldn't cover the event and that could anger the board forcing a restricition on transfers or wages even further etc.

So it could be a good way to boost teams shirt sales in lower divisions etc.

I'd imagine football clubs make a whorish amount of money on selling their kits.

What's being said here is that it should be part of the game. It's not part of the game.

People don't want to use external editors for the game. That's the point and the suggestion. To make it part of the running of the club.

Having fans react, and having sales react positively or negatively. As said, if you choose blue for Man United home jersey the fans wouldn't react very well, it affects sales and etc.

I know it's not Clothing Manager 2010 - and I've already said I'm not sure if it's a good idea. But it's certainly a part of football where kits change every season.

Perhaps if you neglect to update your kit, then fans who already have the kit obviously won't buy next seasons kit resulting in lower sales and turnover for the club, or if it isn't different enough, or the wrong colours etc. then less fans will buy the jersey. If it's a good change and it keeps the fans happy you might see a spike in jersey sales. And when you sign a big player in January you will have fans buy jerseys with his name on it and in the summer you could get a message saying that more fans bought the jersey with MR A.'s name on it etc.

You might want to unveil your new kit to media. The bigger th club the more you can afford to do this. But perhaps with a smaller club you might want to do a low-key event to help boost shirt sales, a main event unveiling the shirt might be expensive and sales wouldn't cover the event and that could anger the board forcing a restricition on transfers or wages even further etc.

So it could be a good way to boost teams shirt sales in lower divisions etc.

I'd imagine football clubs make a whorish amount of money on selling their kits.

the manager would never have the autority to change the man utd home kit to blue! ridiculous.

if it's in the game, i think the away kit should just change colour, randomly, every few seasons.

this would be much more realistic.

the manager would never have the autority to change the man utd home kit to blue! ridiculous.

if it's in the game, i think the away kit should just change colour, randomly, every few seasons.

Totally agree, i think it would be a good addition to the game, but only if the change of a kit (style for home and style and colour for away) is done automatically by the board.

Managers have more of an input into kits than you would think.

If the board made a kit that I didn't like (like a red away kit for SCFC), I would just change it anyway, so I might as well do it in the first place.

Also home kits DO change colour. Ask Rochdale. From blue to black and white to blue and black all in the space of a few seasons

Wasn't my idea, it was just suggested earlier. And I know it's ridiculous.

I was focusing on the impact it would have on the game play and your finances and the reaction of your Board.

Totally agree, i think it would be a good addition to the game, but only if the change of a kit (style for home and style and colour for away) is done automatically by the board.

That's sort of what I said. New kit styles could be released in later patches. As you progress in the game you get new jerseys when the game is updated.

Archived