Explanation-Help Please

Another point I just thought of regarding Defensive & Attack Minded Midfielders (Not DMC or AMC) as their stats show that they are either one or the other, but under their positional stats they show as being awkward in that position should I retrain them there or leave them as they are to play as DMC or AMC

It is not recommended to play anyone who is awkward in a position unless it is an emergency. You can retrain them but better to wait till they go up a notch or two before playing them regularly

Cheers FrazT.

But what if a MC who is natural has better stats than a regular DMC?

As I play a 4-4-2 should I put the "defensive" minded midfielder there or the regular DMC:confused:

Cheers FrazT.

But what if a MC who is natural has better stats than a regular DMC?

As I play a 4-4-2 should I put the "defensive" minded midfielder there or the regular DMC:confused:

If the MC is a better player, I would play him. If you are planning on playing him in the DMC position regularly, then retrain him to there too. If he is already MC and has good attributes for DMC, he should be easy to train up - probably to natural.

The game has its own way of deciding how good a player is in a position, based on the attributes that it decides are important for that position. You may well think that he is capable in that position ( and you may be correct ) but the game decides how well he plays, so I would recommend that you respect the positional rating.

The game has its own way of deciding how good a player is in a position, based on the attributes that it decides are important for that position. You may well think that he is capable in that position ( and you may be correct ) but the game decides how well he plays, so I would recommend that you respect the positional rating.

Many Thanks once again FrazT

So the positional rating rates above the stats. Am I reading you right?

Many Thanks once again FrazT

So the positional rating rates above the stats. Am I reading you right?

You haven't made it clear - Are you playing the player in the DMC position or in the MC position with defensive orders?

If in the DMC position then Positional Rating > attributes until trained in new position.

If in the MCd position then both are already skilled in the position so down to attributes.

For your first question accomplished is more than good enough to play the guy on the left, I wouldn't even bother retraining him there.

You haven't made it clear - Are you playing the player in the DMC position or in the MC position with defensive orders?

If in the DMC position then Positional Rating > attributes until trained in new position.

If in the MCd position then both are already skilled in the position so down to attributes.

For your first question accomplished is more than good enough to play the guy on the left, I wouldn't even bother retraining him there.

Sorry as I am playing a 4-4-2 formation it should be as a DMC not as MCd. But then can a MCd still be classed as DMC or not? Or will they both do the same job. Is there that much of a difference if you just look at stats.

So if I understand you right Natural & Accomplished are good enough for first team places in their positions (depending on stats). Competent in a position is suitable for backup.Anything lower do not put in that position.

Sorry as I am playing a 4-4-2 formation it should be as a DMC not as MCd. But then can a MCd still be classed as DMC or not? Or will they both do the same job. Is there that much of a difference if you just look at stats.

You seem to be a little confused about the positions.

DMC is a set position on the tactics screen, if you use a DMC you would usually describe your formation as 4-1-3-2 or if a diamond 4-1-2-1-2.

If a player has the skills but not the positional ability to play at DMC you can play them at MC with defensive instructions (MCd). As long as the instructions are similar to a DMC he will play a similar role when you watch your match just a little further forward.

So if I understand you right Natural & Accomplished are good enough for first team places in their positions (depending on stats). Competent in a position is suitable for backup.Anything lower do not put in that position.

I treat natural and accomplished virtually the same although I think natural has a very slight advantage. I don't use anything lower unless its emergency.

You seem to be a little confused about the positions.

DMC is a set position on the tactics screen, if you use a DMC you would usually describe your formation as 4-1-3-2 or if a diamond 4-1-2-1-2.

If a player has the skills but not the positional ability to play at DMC you can play them at MC with defensive instructions (MCd). As long as the instructions are similar to a DMC he will play a similar role when you watch your match just a little further forward.

I treat natural and accomplished virtually the same although I think natural has a very slight advantage. I don't use anything lower unless its emergency.

Many Thanks for the explanations Cougar2010.

Yes I was very confused about the positions:confused: I automatically assumed that playing any formation you had to have DMC & AMC as your two main midfielders.

Once again your help is greatly appreciated & thanks for taking the time to reply to a "noob":thup:

Archived