Managers watching other games.

I'm sure a lot of you have now noticed the increased amount of club managers going to watch rival clubs play. Now there are a lot of possible reasons for this, to watch a transfer target play, to see how the team plays as you are playing them soon and if you're a national manager then you go to watch some of your players.

Now in 09 it was possible to go watch club games if you were a national team manager, to help you with the decision on who to call up into the squad. What I'm getting at is for a club manager to be able to go and watch rival teams play for reasons I've stated above.

As we keep getting told by SI, they are striving for realism in the game which in my opinion is only a good thing and the last few weeks there have been quite a few examples of managers going to rival games. Martin O'Neill at the Boro Sheff Utd game and more recently Roberto Martinez at the Utd Blues game today.

The method would work the same as the way it does for international management but just at club level. You would get a list of fixtures and you would then choose which game to watch. There would however be two lists, one of the fixtures and one of the leagues you have loaded incase you wanted to watch a transfer target playing for a Spanish team and you're the manager of an English team.

Obviously we don't know all the new features for 2010 as they will be released in the upcoming blogs and podcasts but maybe it's something for 2010 but I'm guessing it's too late for 2010 so maybe something for 2011?

Archived