The Official Notts County Thread 8.0.2

Notts County are the "other" Nottingham club, after Nottingham Forest. County are notorius for being underachievers. How will you get on with the oldest league club in England?

Squad:

Kevin Pilkington

Tim Sandercombe

Gary Silk

Adam Tann

Lee Canoville

Paul Mayo

Guy Branston

Mike Edwards

Austin McCann

Ali Gibb

Richard Butcher

Andy Parkinson

Neil Mackenzie

Gavin Strachan

Jay Smith

Ryan Jarvis

Lawrie Dudfield

Hector Sam

Spencer Weir-Daley

Jason Lee

Matt Somner

Matt Austin

Rob Austin

Stephen Hunt

Stef Frost

Myles Weston

Sam Craven

Goalkeepers:

Ouch. As the Notts researcher for FM09, even I can admit that Sandercombe and Pilks suck badly. Get Tommy Forecast or Luke Steele on loan for now.

Defenders:

Mike Edwards is good but is injured at the start. Branston is old and Tann is average, so again new recruits needed at CB. On the FB positions, get Kerrea Gilbert on loan for RB and play Paul Mayo at LB. If he's in bad form, don't hesistate in putting Canoville in.

Midfielders:

Not bad. Butcher is good and his partner in midfield is well contested with Mackenzie, Strachan and Smith all there. For the wings get some new loanee's in. Keep an eye on Myles Weston as he could turn out decent.

Strikers:

Could be improved. I say get rid of Lee as he's ancient and sign some loanee's (Charlie Sheringham maybe?). Also, get Bas/Baz Savage on a free for more depth.

A challenge then, but some potential. Come On You Pies!!!

• 2 months later...

I'm just starting a game with them now.

Don't know how long it will last but i'm very interested in getting them set up with a youth academy for getting good regens in.

I've been looking at taking a game on pretty far to get good regens but I've never had anything which inspires me to do so.

Let's hope I can get off to a good start so I don't lose interest in yet another football manager save!

I have started a new game with county, and although i have signed some very good players i just cannot get this team to work. I've tried several tactics and none of them are having any effect to adding to my 1 point i have to the season. Its only been 5 games but i am looking to the playoffs and at the moment things are looking dull. Any help involving County tatics, or possible signings? Many thanks!

• 2 months later...

Archived