competition editor 2010

I want to open a new thread because I had a specific question about the editor.

here my question:

is it possible to make a fake country with 4 leagues? (I want to play the WCQ, WC and ECQ and EC with this country) is this possible? So I create some players with the nantionality of this country so the country squad can be filled with 26 players.

Premier division (with all fake self made teams)

First division (with all fake self made teams)

Second division (with all fake self made teams)

Third division (with all fake self made teams)

And a national cup with all 32 teams

All divisions has 8 teams, 2x home 2x away games (so 7x 4 = 28 games per season)

Last 2 relegate to the division below and the first 2 promote to a division higher?

All teams have a reserve and a u21 team, and play also in a reserve or u21 division.

IS this above possible with the competition editor 2010?

Please I want the right answer, because some people said that you can create a fake country, other say it is not possible.

thanks

• SI Staff

You could probably do that by editing one of the extinct nations but I don't think they would take part in international competitions.

The editor is quite flexible so a lot of things are going to be a case of trying it out and see what you can do. We're interested in seeing what sort of weird and wonderful combinations people come up with.

From reading comments from Ter in the OTF thread, I'd say that this could well be possible. Ter said that if you wanted to create the Premier League with 30 teams playing each other 8 times a season it's possible, and when you create leagues you decide the number of teams that get promoted/relegated, and to which league. Cup competitions can also be created I think, so that would mean that the competition structure you propose is possible.

As for creating the fake country, I'm not sure if countries can be created, but you can probably edit one of the defunct ones on the editor (e.g USSR) and make them active, like on FM09.

You could probably do that by editing one of the extinct nations but I don't think they would take part in international competitions.

I think I've seen on FM09 that 1 or 2 nations can be added to Europe. Someone added the Basque Country as a playable nation, and although they don't take part in the first WC or Euro qualifiers, they get drawn in the next ones, and I'm fairly sure no team was replaced.

• 2 months later...

Archived