Players stats

Hi, ive been playing FM ever since the game was released but i think it was about time that Si games started to make players stats more real, i have noticed there are thousonds of players in the game whos stats dont resemble real life, a perfect example is Cristiano Ronaldo who has a 15 for free kicks and a 12 for long shots which is nowhere near his real ability. Another thing also Si games should stop us being able to make a players stats better as we see fit as it really does spoil you editing fun, if i could do this id have ronaldo about a 17 for free kicks and maybe a 15 for long shots, but if we change them to that inm the editor as things are some of his other stats drop and that really sucks, its really ashame that i cant make a player as i see him as. I recently downloaded the new Cahmpionship Manager demo in which i was very impressed and also i have noticed the stats of players are more realistic than Football Manager. I stuck Football manager 2006 on the other day and realised that Wayne Rooneys stats were more realistic in that one than they are in FM 2009, it seems his stats have got worse and as i see it Wayne Rooney is a more complete player nowadays than he was back then so how can his stats get worse that really puzzles me. Si games really have to sort this problem out as it really does spoil the game as apart from that the game is awesome. If si games dont want to sort this problem do you think they will make it possible to edit someones stats to say all 20 and they will stay all 20, im not saying anyone is all 20 as that is not true to real life but just if you wanted to do it then youd be able to do it.

If you have problems with stats you need to raise them in the data forums. I can't say I agree with you about the issue though, FM's database is probably the best thing about the game. You complain about that and they give you the opportunity to change it but say we should be stopped from making them better? I think the editor is perfect if you think a player has wrong stats.

You have obviously not read through my forum correctly as i said that you cant change a player in the editor as you see fit as if you do some of his other stats drop and if you think Wayne Rooney should have worse stats now than what he had in 2006 then i think you need you head looked at

So your saying i should make for example 200 CA , why would i do that as the guys hasnt even peaked yet he is only 24 and still has a few years to improve before he peaks, all im saying is the stats for some players dont resemble real life, i shouldnt have to change a players CA just to make him more realistic he should be more realistic from the start so he can still get better

That's how the system works and has done for many many years. If you think they are better, then their CA has be higher than what it currently is. A player cannot be better than their current ability, so of course you have to raise it if you want them to be better. If you only want to raise two stats, then you don't need to make it 200, but you will have to raise it slightly.

I have known that you have to do that for years, i dont think your actually grasping what im saying, what im saying is for example Cristiano Ronaldos stats should be far higher than they are at the start of the game, i should have to change him in the editor as Si games should make him more real from the start

I know that - like I said, if you feel the stats are wrong then you need to post in the relevant threads in the data issues forum. The players are rated by people who watch these players week in week out though, so if you do want certain stats changing, then be prepared to back up your opinions :thup:

Ive posted it in the Data forums, and if its true what you say about stats being made by people who watch the game week in week out then they will see Cristiano Ronaldo stats are very wrong at the start of the game, thats if they are watching the same games ive watched, maybe they watch emerdale instead as by the looks of Ronaldos stats ( well some of his stats) they dont watch much football

i think that the stats are very realistic and its definately the best thing about FM. i think that rooneys stats are a very good repesentation and other games like fifa over-rate his abilities.

i think the only problem is when a player turns out better than SI expect, such as riera for liverpool (i bet he will have mint stats on FM10) and SI then have to change his stats to make him better. other than that i love it!!!

i think that the stats are very realistic and its definately the best thing about FM. i think that rooneys stats are a very good repesentation and other games like fifa over-rate his abilities.

i think the only problem is when a player turns out better than SI expect, such as riera for liverpool (i bet he will have mint stats on FM10) and SI then have to change his stats to make him better. other than that i love it!!!

Riera is pants, his stats should be lower

Does Ronaldos footedness take away from his freekick rating? If he had 1 for one foot and 20 for the other I wonder what his stats would be like.

If you make Ronaldo a 1 on one foot and a 20 on another foot you can make maost his stats a 20 so playing on both foot actualloy affects his stats:mad:

I dont mean to be rude or anything but this whole thread appears to be a rant about how Man Utds players (or ex)'s stats being too low :p

No, because if you read my thread i used Ronaldo as an example, and anyhow he plays for Real Madrid and also i support Dundee United so if i wanted to rant about my own it wouldnt be Ronaldo, i just believe he is a better player than the stats he has in the game :)

Archived