international call-ups - unrealistic?

i dont know about you, but it seems that call ups are based almost entirely on the club the the player plays for, not their form.

for example, as bristol city 14th in prem, i have 3 good scotsman: robson, adam, and mcindoe.

mcindoe has been brilliant for me this season but just cant get a call up for love nor money, although their are players in their playing for portsmouth reserves and the bench at cardiff!!

i also saw barry robson ejected from the squad almost as soon as he arrived from celtic!

just an idea for FM2010, as capello certainly picks players on form and performances for clubs

Many RL international managers pick players based onclub however, it's not particularly unrealistic

This unfortunately is true. There are plenty of rl players that don't get picked for international duty simply because they dont play for a big team. When I play international management, which isn't all that often, I look at how good the player is not what club he plays for. My selection process has raised quite a few eyebrows! :D

This unfortunately is true. There are plenty of rl players that don't get picked for international duty simply because they dont play for a big team. When I play international management, which isn't all that often, I look at how good the player is not what club he plays for. My selection process has raised quite a few eyebrows! :D

Wasn't this one of the reasons Capello was asking Beckham to move?

He has lost his pace on my game and was still playing at Chelsea aged 39. In my game he was playing rubbish with an average rating of 6.6 had under 10 for pace and acceleration and there were quite a few CBs playing alot better than him that didnt get picked. A 37 year old playing rubbish for club and country still being called up must be because of his reputation.

He has lost his pace on my game and was still playing at Chelsea aged 39. In my game he was playing rubbish with an average rating of 6.6 had under 10 for pace and acceleration and there were quite a few CBs playing alot better than him that didnt get picked.

Like I said, it's not always based on reputation. He was still one of the best CB's in the Premiership on my game

It is unrealistic in some regards, Keirrison was scoring over 100 goals a season for 3 years before he actually came a regular for Brazil, soon as I won the premiership - he became a full-fledged first choice for Brazil.

That said, I continue to pick a 40 year old Kaka, because even though he doesn't hav ethe stats, I put him in midfield and he still gets so many assists - more so than the other midfielders who look better than him. It depends on the position, but the AI is far too biased to players at the big clubs, even if they're hugely lacking in fitness and not played for 2 - 3 years like some of the failed youngsters i bought.

Archived