FM10 Netbook Support

Please Please will you include support for netbooks with regards to screen resolution...I somehow managed to get FML running, but never got FM09 running because of it and got handheld instead which didn't hold my attention at all...Got bored of it way to fast as it was too easy compared to FM..

Please Please will you include support for netbooks with regards to screen resolution...I somehow managed to get FML running, but never got FM09 running because of it and got handheld instead which didn't hold my attention at all...Got bored of it way to fast as it was too easy compared to FM..

i also own a netbook and would love fm2010 to have support for netbooks. there is a skin for fm09 that supports netbooks if you look on the skinning page im sure its there. i use it in 1024x600 resolution and it works great!

tbf Netbooks aren't designed for gaming in any real capacity. Most of them only have an Intel Atom processor which isnt going to be powerful enough for most games (other than solitaire etc). I suspect to provide netbook support would increase SI's workload considerably for what I imagine is only a very small market. (I've yet to meet anyone who wants to play games but only owns a netbook) I all honesty I cant see netbooks being supported.

tbf Netbooks aren't designed for gaming in any real capacity. Most of them only have an Intel Atom processor which isnt going to be powerful enough for most games (other than solitaire etc). I suspect to provide netbook support would increase SI's workload considerably for what I imagine is only a very small market. (I've yet to meet anyone who wants to play games but only owns a netbook) I all honesty I cant see netbooks being supported.

There is a growing netbook market and the specs of them are up and beyond those of some normal PC's that can run the game...The only sticking point is the resolution...I don't use my netbook for serious gaming as never been a serious gamer but being able to play FM would be nice...surely to provide the support wouldn't cost that much, its just a shame to miss out because I choose to own a setup that suits my lifestyle.

Netbooks might be designed "low spec" but it doesn´t mean they can´t play games.

I do have a netbook and have been playing FM08 successfully. Remember, they easily can output higher resolutions on external monitors. On the road, it´s a bit of scrolling but for a game like FM doable.

• 1 month later...

I am currently running FM 09 on my netbook...errr, I should say I have run it on 2 different netbooks and it works FINE. To do this, you have to play it in windowed format. Here is the target you insert:

fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed

Insert this on the target line after the executable command. It plays fine. You miss out on some info and the resolution is manageable.

3D match view has a few hiccups. I run it in the lowest graphics mode to run the 3D. I only run it when I feel the need to watch in 3D and I prefer the end-to-end view for this as it requires less video processing given fewer images moving on the screen. I have also run it on more powerful computers and I would say that the 3D capabilities are probably 80% - 90% on the netbook. The only processing difference b/w the netbook and a higher end laptop (Dell Latitude E5500, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz, 4GB RAM, with a GMA 4500 onboard video card with only 64 MB of dedicated memory, even though it can share memory...I know, not a great video card and an HP that is now broken but was my personal MECCA machine) is that it takes noticeably longer on the netbook--but not ridiculously so. As to playing it remotely, I have never tried that. Also, Dafuge, I realize that the SI crew would probably like more feedback on how the game runs on netbooks. If so, let me know. BTW hehehemann, where in Denver are you?

I am currently running FM 09 on my netbook...errr, I should say I have run it on 2 different netbooks and it works FINE. To do this, you have to play it in windowed format. Here is the target you insert:

fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed

Insert this on the target line after the executable command. It plays fine. You miss out on some info and the resolution is manageable.

You'll have to excuse me being dim - what file and where? Been a while since I messed about with PC games!

Could you use the netbook to play the game remotely from another PC ? I'm unsure as to what the resolution would show.

TheSean - I'm in Denver too

why remotely, just plug-in another monitor in that VGA output and press Fn+F8 to cycle through modes, when you pick external monitor mode only, you can set higher resolution from vga card properties

You'll have to excuse me being dim - what file and where? Been a while since I messed about with PC games!

OK, managed to find that out, but still can't get it to run - vanilla or strawberry demo. The window opens and I then get the "Windows encountered an error..." message. Seems to be a conflict somewhere but have no idea where. My netbook is a Dell 910. A mate with a Samsung NC10 (I think) with the same specs got it running with the above....

• 2 months later...

Hey!

Is it possible to play FM10 on a Latitude 2100?

Is there an update or something to download?

The process starts when i launch the game, but nothing happens.

Tried to change the compabilitysettings but it didn't do any good, and Windows 7 is not on the list.

Help anyone?

• SI Staff

We design all the screens in Football Manager to fit on a minimum screen size of 1024x768 so there are going to be obvious problems with Netbooks and their reduced screen size.

For those of you having problems then you should be able to find an excellent community created Netbook skin in the Graphics section of these forums and instructions on how to get that up and running. We don't offer any support for this kind of thing though.

Netbooks might be designed "low spec" but it doesn´t mean they can´t play games.

I do have a netbook and have been playing FM08 successfully. Remember, they easily can output higher resolutions on external monitors. On the road, it´s a bit of scrolling but for a game like FM doable.

I recently bought a netbook for my missus and installed Sims 1 on it. Now I'm left in peace with FM while she's even more addicted to her game!

• 3 months later...

Hey,

I run fm10 easily on my netbook however i cannot seem to get my editor to work. when i try to open it nothing appears, but if i click on it again it says it is already running...... any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated...

Hey,

I run fm10 easily on my netbook however i cannot seem to get my editor to work. when i try to open it nothing appears, but if i click on it again it says it is already running...... any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated...

Same thing, you need to create a shortcut 1st and type the same thing you make FM into windowed mode, the small screen words at the end. See post 10.

Archived