Inter has saved FM09 for me - Player Naming

After being totally disillusioned with FM09, and finding that i could not get into a long term no matter what, i was finally ready to do the same as i did with FM08 and confine it to the shelf and remove it from my laptop for good after only minimial gameplay.

Will confess to being not particularly adventurous when i pick teams or leagues as i'm just looking for the game to be a kind of pick up and play for a few hours every now and then, as oppose to years gone by when i'd be sitting there for hours and hours each and every night.

Typically i stick to Rangers (my team) or Falkirk (my home town) when playing SPL, and have tried a whole load of EPL and Championship, as well as La Liga. But as much as i've always followed Serie A, i very rarely play the league in FM. After not trying it for many previous versions, i took up the challenge and went Inter and am positively hooked.

Have been in the process of trying to replace an aging squad whilst still playing competitively at the top and was having reasonable success. After going back to my old team and siging Fleck and Thomson from Rangers (who turned out to be my most consistent and top players) as well as signing Portugal midfielder Moutinho i was all set. Got off to a blinding start and was top 3 for a good part of the season.

Suddenly, the team looks like it is being taken over and i'm going to be sacked. Normally don't bother about this, resign and just start a new game as it's only a pick up and play game for me anyway, but i decided to soldier on. When the take over was complete, not only did i keep my job (and stop Guus Hiddink from taking it) but i was given £112 million to spend on players. Decided to keep most of it in the bank for next season as the squad was playing well and free of injury. What a mistake!

I've now lost almost half the team, and still managing to struggle by with draw after draw for a run of 5 games, followed by a 1-0 defeat to Torino which lost me my job as i dropped to 7th.

Here's the thing though, i wasn't sitting there thinking that i was beaten by the injury bug or any other kind of glitch in the game. I was just thinking, i want to prove them wrong and get my job back at Inter. Something i've not wanted to do on any other game this version.

So just want to say, thank you Inter for saving this version for me. :)

(p.s. started another game to run alongside it as Juventus to see if i'd get as engrossed and i'm bored already. Strange considering i've followed them for 15 years but there you go. lol).

Archived