"Manager Birthdays" on FM10

Just been thinking that when your birthday comes along nothing ever happens. I think it would be nice if maybe some players would wish you happy birthday. It would show you what players really like you (ie favoured personnel) and what players dont, even from outside your squad prehaps.

Hardly relevant to gamplay or experience tbf.

Christ knows where these ideas come from.

Think he got it off the CM10 demo.

I got a happy birthday message from the Man Utd board saying "Your birthday hasn't been unoticed and the club wants to wish you a happy birthday" on the demo. I thought it was quite a nice touch personally but I guess it would get annoying having a happy birthday message every season.

There simply must be the following option:

It is your birthday. You may dress Eboue up as:

> Tiger

> Father Christmas

> Emmanuel Adebayor

> Clown

Then something along these lines would come up:

http://www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/get-attachment.asp?action=view&attachmentid=659

Ah, we can dream.

Ah James, You're good for a laugh, albeit, anything else :D

Yeah, it's already in the game. You get a birthday message when your birthday passes in the game and you're playing on your real life birthday.

You can just as easily change the system date on your computer, and the game will be fooled and wish you a happy birthday.

iirc to get the birthday message, the date on the game and the date of your birthday (that you put in the game) then you get a birthday message

It's my birthday today, so i shall holiday to august 16th :D

Yeah, it's already in the game. You get a birthday message when your birthday passes in the game and you're playing on your real life birthday.

You can just as easily change the system date on your computer, and the game will be fooled and wish you a happy birthday.

you're only cheating yourself if you do that :D

Would be better if the players responses by saying they would perform better if a match was on the your birthday.

I'd prefer them to perform well in every game!

Can't say I have ever spent a birthday playing FM, don't people have better things to do?

sorry but if SI chose to spend time on making your "in game birthdays" better and missed some other problems that are actually relevant to the gameplay that occur, i would be fuming!!!!!

Wasn't asking them to drop everything and do what i say! Just thought it would be nice for something to happen on your birthday. Admittedly the idea came up after many beers and probably should have stayed in my head :D.

Just been thinking that when your birthday comes along nothing ever happens. I think it would be nice if maybe some players would wish you happy birthday. It would show you what players really like you (ie favoured personnel) and what players dont, even from outside your squad prehaps.

They'd have to send me wishes by finding me on a beach someplace. My birthday is in the close season :D

You could have something mentioned in a pre-match press confrence.

Something along the lines of:

"Going into this weekend's game, are you hopefull of an early birthday present with 3pts over Gillingham?"

Cosmetic I know, but the press confrences are rather stale. IMO one thing that needs expanding on in FM 2010 because as it stands at the momnet they are dull and repetative.

Would be better if the players responses by saying they would perform better if a match was on the your birthday.

Not really, one slightly better than usual performance a season isn't gonna please many people. And judging by most of my birthdays everyone would be far too hungover to perform well.

A message appears in your inbox when it is the same date in real life (as set on your pc) and in the game :thup:

I got no message and I went past that date twice on my birthday. :(

I went past the original time without a message, and then reloaded to see if the message came, but it never.

SCIAG saves the day. There used to be a message that came up whilst your birthday was being processed- "happy birthday to [team] manager [your name] from everybody at SI" if the dates matched. However, I believe it isn't in FM09.

I always fail to notice when my birthday has gone past in-game, which is strangely frustrating considering that it's completely irrelevant. Easter eggs based on computer clock and in-game date just make it that bit more special so maybe that system is better.

Archived