Two questions about Man Utd on FM10

a) What do you think how hard is it going to be to by Ronaldo with Man Utd?

b) And what do you think of Man Utd transfer budget for the first season?

IMO it will be very hard to bring him back. I think he'll be quiet loyal to Real Madrid. But after two seasons I think he could be bought if you win major competitions with your club.

And for the second, I think 30 mil. pounds, even though IRL Man Utd has starting budget of 20 mil. pounds.

Any opinions are welcomed. :thup:

Cheers. :D

I think he won't be interested in returning to Man Utd.

However if he fails at Real Madrid on the game, then you are interested in him I then think he'll be interested again.

And I think they'll get 50-55m pounds for the budget, not like they need it with a great squad like ours :) (Utd fan)

Man Utd will also be on his Favoured Clubs list, so that might help. Anyway I'll try to bring him back. If for nothing then because he will be the best player in the IMO, along with Messi. As for our IRL squad, I would bring one left back as a backup for Evra, because Fabio is still young and unexperienced.

Glory Glory Man Utd!!! (H)

Ronaldo who?

I'm a united fan and everyone. Thought ronaldo was this amazingly good player.

Rival clubs fans would say "you have ronaldo so you won". Honestly its all rubbish I'll stick with valencia and as for tevez leaving. Owen and rooney upfront sell berbatov and find a new replacement striker

Don't know about that. I think I'll bring one more striker as a backup forr Rooney in that place of a pacey striker. And on other striker position I'll have Berba as fisrt choice and Owen as sub. On AMR valencia and Park, AML Giggs and Nani. And Tosic as a backup for AML. :D And of course I'll try bringing Ronaldo back. ;)

Neville and O'Shea. (Y) I use almost the same squad in the first season. I don' buy anyone except if I don't have at least two players for every positon. Like the striker to cover as a backup for Rooney, and also one backup left back for Evra. And maybe one DC. :)

I don't think he'd be interested in a return. You say if Man U win major trophies he might return. Well Man U did win major trophies while he was there so I don't think it's been a factor in his thinking. He wanted to play for Real and that's that.

It will be very interesting to see how Man U do this year, they are a considerably weakened side from last season, but they were strong. So will they be strong enough? Possibly. But I do think the premiership will have a good year, being more open than in recent years.

Weirdly a friend of mine is a Man U fan...his son got a rabbit and named it Ronaldo several years ago. The rabbit died when Ronaldo got transferred.

I don't think he'd be interested in a return. You say if Man U win major trophies he might return. Well Man U did win major trophies while he was there so I don't think it's been a factor in his thinking. He wanted to play for Real and that's that.

It will be very interesting to see how Man U do this year, they are a considerably weakened side from last season, but they were strong. So will they be strong enough? Possibly. But I do think the premiership will have a good year, being more open than in recent years.

Weirdly a friend of mine is a Man U fan...his son got a rabbit and named it Ronaldo several years ago. The rabbit died when Ronaldo got transferred.

Hahaha, poor rabbit! :D I was actually talking in the game. Even Messi wants to join you after you win majoe trophies for two seasons, which IRL isn't the case.

P.S. Please don't use ''Man U'', as it is insault (I hope I wrote that correctly) for Manchester United fans. Thanks. :)

Neville is awful now. :thdn: O'Shea is alright but you'd be better off getting one as you'd want somebody world-class to add to the very good defence :thup:

Obviously you haven't read what I wrote. I said Gary and John only for the first season. ;)

In the second one I'll bring someone instead for Gary, O'shea will stay as a backup. I don't buy many playersd in the begging of the game, just the ones I need. Because they are quite well geld at the start. So I need to build on that to have good basics for the next season. Also geld like that they wiil better get used to my tactics etc. And in the next season I'll remove any deadwood (possibly: Giggs, neville, Scholes, VDS) and bring in new players. And I'll still have good basics in gelling, even though noone can guarantee me, but after all that's my style of managing. For me very succesful. :)

As a Leeds fan myself, you got off lightly with me calling you Man U...:cool:

'insult' is the word ;)

Well, English is not my native, so I might don't know how to explain some things in best way...But I do know that when our rival fans say ''Man U'', that they mean that as an insult, and we all know why...

So please respect that, just as I do respect your club. ;)

Well, English is not my native, so I might don't know how to explain some things in best way...But I do know that when our rival fans say ''Man U'', that they mean that as an insult, and we all know why...

So please respect that, just as I do respect your club. ;)

'Man U' is not an insult mate. It is short for Man United. I don't think you'll find any English Man U fans that consider that an insult tbh.

I think you are thinking of 'ManUre' which is an insult.

'Man U' is not an insult mate. It is short for Man United. I don't think you'll find any English Man U fans that consider that an insult tbh.

I think you are thinking of 'ManUre' which is an insult.

Unfortunatly 'Man U' is an insult as it goes back to a very insulting song sung by liverpool fans about the munich air disaster. Hence why ne decent Man utd fan call them Man utd no the other way.

And buy a new RB why when we have rapheal who will do quiet nicely and same for LB with Fabio.

Only players you need to buy is youth cause the reserve team is awsome this year with gibson, rapheal, fabio, possenebom, zieler, macheada, welbeck, de leat (maybe not convinced tbh), cathcart. to name a few:thup:

Well I've known over many years many many Man U fans (the ones that actually go to the matches) and that's the first time I've heard any of them consider that as an insult. I know that song, it's not a very nice song at all...if the use of that song makes Man U fans think it an insult, then the moronic singers of the song have won a very great victory indeed.

Ronaldo wont return for at least 2 seasons unless you edit it.

Budget could be anything between £25m and £50m which would be realistic as we did bid over £30m for Benzema.

2 more important things i'd like to add...

How long they have Hargreaves injured for?

And the fact that you're all forgetting Wes Brown who in our 2007/2008 season was in the top 2 right backs in the world with Dani Alves.

Utd have always needed a new RB when you start the game with them. The game just doesn't rate Neville or Brown very highly so you're forced to buy someone which usually means blowing your first season budget.

Not like its a massive issue but ya know lol.

I think they'll probably have a 40mil+ budget cause we've got loads to spend even though we're not going to spend it, it seems lol.

I wouldn't buy Ronaldo back myself, I'd spend the money on a top right back and replacement keeper possibly.

Utd have always needed a new RB when you start the game with them. The game just doesn't rate Neville or Brown very highly so you're forced to buy someone which usually means blowing your first season budget.

Not like its a massive issue but ya know lol.

I think they'll probably have a 40mil+ budget cause we've got loads to spend even though we're not going to spend it, it seems lol.

I wouldn't buy Ronaldo back myself, I'd spend the money on a top right back and replacement keeper possibly.

It's not actually the game which does the rating, but a researcher.

It's a bit anal of me to point it out, but I'm a pedant.

The researcher gives them the stats which are usually pretty good for the two players but in the game they just don't play well. Like how with Arsenal some of the average players are world beaters in the team, at other clubs some other average players are just terrible.

I find Neville and Brown fit into the later which is why Man Utd don't seem to win much at all unless you manage them yourself.

I've heard its to do with the tactics played by the managers at the clubs but I'm not so sure on that myself... you can change players and Arsenal still dominate the league unless you take control of a top team.

Well I've known over many years many many Man U fans (the ones that actually go to the matches) and that's the first time I've heard any of them consider that as an insult. I know that song, it's not a very nice song at all...if the use of that song makes Man U fans think it an insult, then the moronic singers of the song have won a very great victory indeed.

Saha told you everything. ;)

Unfortunatly 'Man U' is an insult as it goes back to a very insulting song sung by liverpool fans about the munich air disaster. Hence why ne decent Man utd fan call them Man utd no the other way.

And buy a new RB why when we have rapheal who will do quiet nicely and same for LB with Fabio.

Only players you need to buy is youth cause the reserve team is awsome this year with gibson' date=' rapheal, fabio, possenebom, zieler, macheada, welbeck, de leat (maybe not convinced tbh), cathcart. to name a few:thup:[/quote']

Possebon is on loan at Benfica for the whole season. :)

EDIT: Braga* not Benfica...

Ronaldo wont return for at least 2 seasons unless you edit it.

Budget could be anything between £25m and £50m which would be realistic as we did bid over £30m for Benzema.

2 more important things i'd like to add...

How long they have Hargreaves injured for?

And the fact that you're all forgetting Wes Brown who in our 2007/2008 season was in the top 2 right backs in the world with Dani Alves.

He is coming back in January. :thup:

Archived