The Name... on 8.0.2

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

Come again? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Har. Glad I'm not the only one confused.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

Come again? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Har. Glad I'm not the only one confused. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The most straightforward of posts is often enough to bamboozle me! This one... well... what can you say? In its own way, it's a bit of a classic!

I can only think he means when you're on the tactics screen, you have the picture of the pitch on the right hand side, and if a player's name is too long, for instance for me, Agbonlahor, it just says' Agbon...'.

Not really seeing what the issue here is though.

I was going to show a print screen but I don't think it does it on 8.0.2.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I can only think he means when you're on the tactics screen, you have the picture of the pitch on the right hand side, and if a player's name is too long, for instance for me, Agbonlahor, it just says' Agbon...'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

y thats it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Soup_is_cool:

Is this from the 8.0.2 update? The name of a player it its to long it will have ... I mean on tactic screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so what do you want to happen? players have long names and you can't have the name going right across another players name.

it has to be truncated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Soup_is_cool:

Here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paulo Assumptious?

Now I know what you're getting at. I think. Has it been fixed? I don't know. Ad I'm not sure it will stop you from playing, either way. You should always know who it is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

Is this from the 8.0.2 update? The name of a player it its to long it will have ... I mean on tactic screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so what do you want to happen? players have long names and you can't have the name going right across another players name.

it has to be truncated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wholeheartedly approve of said truncation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now I know what you're getting at. I think. Has it been fixed? I don't know. Ad I'm not sure it will stop you from playing, either way. You should always know who it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So this is a 8.0.2 thing? Has when i had 8.0 it displayed the full name. and yes i know who he is, but i think it was better when they had the full name displayed

Would it depend on your screen resolution/size?

I play a windowed game, stretched out wide on a widescreen monitor. So I doubt I'd see any such problem.

But if you have a boxy "ye olde monitor", you might see this shortened name.

But as long as it doesn't say "S..." then you'll be ok.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I play a windowed game, stretched out wide on a widescreen monitor. So I doubt I'd see any such problem.

But as long as it doesn't say "S..." then you'll be ok. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am on a widescreen like you so I don't have a problem, but doesn't the 'pitch' stay the same size and its the colums with the list of players that gets shortened? I remember playing on my laptop for the first time after being on a square monitor and having two or three extra columns.

as far as i'm aware it would be bad practise to allow names to go on and on if they were long. it would make the page clutered and names would over lap.

i've noticed on my screen that it does it but i'm not overly bothered.

what with people using different resolutions you either keep it looking tidy or allow for the potential of it looking untidy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goodzorr_avfc:

But as long as it doesn't say "S..." then you'll be ok. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am on a widescreen like you so I don't have a problem, but doesn't the 'pitch' stay the same size and its the colums with the list of players that gets shortened? I remember playing on my laptop for the first time after being on a square monitor and having two or three extra columns. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooh possibly, I've not got the game open so I'm unable to have a stretching session to see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That first post really had me worried for a second there. I thouight someone had spike my dinner there. Confused </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

add to the epic favs ones icon_wink.gif

anyway thanks for the answers!

Archived