Two teams that are equal in the bigger European leagues?

My friend and I are starting a network game, and want to pick 2 relatively equal teams

(in terms of talent, stadium size, finances, and reputation) in one of the bigger european leagues. we want to pick two teams that need some serious overhaul to do well in europe, but who have some history, and they should be outside of the established CL spots for that league, so that we have to fight between each other to make it into the CL. We were thinking something like AZ & Feyenoord in the Dutch league...any ideas would be much appreciated! Also, is there any way to find out all the stats on each team (most importantly, how much money they start with) without actually starting a game with them??

Roma and Lazio in serie A come to mind as two teams that would fit what you are looking for, or there are Hearts and Hibs in the SPL. As for checking actual finances before starting a game, the only way I can think of off the top of my head of doing this would be by using something like fmrte.

Roma and Lazio in serie A come to mind as two teams that would fit what you are looking for, or there are Hearts and Hibs in the SPL. As for checking actual finances before starting a game, the only way I can think of off the top of my head of doing this would be by using something like fmrte.

Hearts and Hibs in SPL sounds like a good one. any other ideas? Roma and Lazio are already too good for what we're looking for. definitely more in the hearts/hibs range...

If Lazio/Roma are a bit above there's a few of the lesser mid-table also rans in Serie A or La Liga... off the top of my head the likes of Atalanta, Napoli, Palermo in Italy, maybe Getafe, Mallorca and a couple more in Spain... all decent sides but still a good bit of work needed to be done to knock the big sides off the top.

Archived