Getting a new stadium

Hi all,

I'm trying to persuade my board to build a new stadium but they aren't having any of it. Everytime I ask to expand stadium it just says "Council wont allow" etc etc "not enough space" etc etc.

I'm only in 2012/2013 season but I have never experienced my club having a new stadium built in all of my time playing FM.

I am currently Blackpool in the Prem, stadium capacity, a pitiful 12,500. I have won the PL 2 yrs running, CL 2 years running, FA Cup & League Cup once each. About £300 mil in the bank, packing out the stadium every game as you can imagine.

I do use the editor :o but that's just how I play.

Does anyone know if there is a way of getting a new stadium apart from just increasing capacity in the Real Time editor? I have searched the forum but I'll be honest in saying the search engine isn't very helpful.

Do you need a lot more money? Or is it just I'm doing somethin wrong? Or do I just need to be a little more patient?

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Yeah wait it out til your bored finally decides to build one. Wouldn't hurt to remind them every now and then.

Sorry to sound ridiculously impatient but do you know how long it normally takes?

The longest I have ever played a save is untill the 2019/2020 season on the current FM. I am determined now though to finally get a new stadium built before the new FM comes out. But there is only so much you can do with Blackpool, lol

It varies a lot from club to club. All you can keep do is asking, and making sure youre keeping your bank balance up. Promotion usually helps too, as being in higher leagues naturally brings bigger crowds...

It varies a lot from club to club. All you can keep do is asking, and making sure youre keeping your bank balance up. Promotion usually helps too, as being in higher leagues naturally brings bigger crowds...

I'm in the Prem now and have won the league a couple of times aswell as the Champions League twice too. I just thought it was something to do with the way I was playing or something.

I'll wait it out, with a few reminders here and there :)

Last question....

How much money do you need in the bank for the board to consider a new stadium?

I'm in the Prem now and have won the league a couple of times aswell as the Champions League twice too. I just thought it was something to do with the way I was playing or something.

I'll wait it out, with a few reminders here and there :)

Last question....

How much money do you need in the bank for the board to consider a new stadium?

There is no magic figure required. I had one built with just £5 million in the bank, the board took out a loan for the rest of the cost. So its just a matter of waiting im afraid!

2012 and won the Prem and CL with Blackpool, that is some achievement... Well done.

Sorry, haven't got the answer to your question though;

Don't think its that great an achievement when he says he uses the editor... a sugar daddy im assuming...

2012 and won the Prem and CL with Blackpool, that is some achievement... Well done.

Sorry, haven't got the answer to your question though;

As much as I would love to take the credit, I'm honest enough to admit that I did use the editor to improve a few youth players. Just enough to give me a decent chance in the championship. Once I got to the Prem, I left well alone. After a few free signings (Rafinha!!!) and a very understanding chairman later, I won the league after my second year in the Prem.

No problem, I'm gonna stick it out and wait. I've got a fair amount at the moment, but dont know how long that will last as i'm in 14th after first 10 games of new season. lol.

Thanks anyways :)

for a rich club like man city, stadium expansion happen every 20+ or so years. from what i can remember, this expansion is my fourth. this one costs AUS$1.49billion (minus $849mill sell old park) and i didnt even ask the board for one because i wasnt even filling up the stadium; the average attendance was the same for about the past 10 years, and season ticket holders only rose by about 1000 a year.

it will come for you and probably soon.

Archived