3D Match Engine...

Hey Guys! New to the forum so apologies if this isnt the correct place to have this thread!

With the date of the new Football Manager 2010 game released, i was wondering if anyone had any information on the 3D match engine, and whether or not they will have improved it from Football manager 2009?

No matter how much you try and improve inbetween game days, the matches themselves will always be the best part of the game for me, and is what i look forward to when playing management games, and when FM 09 announced the 3D match engine as one of their new features, i eagerly anticipated the release...but was very dissapointed to say the least :(

Does anyone agree about the dissapointment of the match engine and will it be improved for the new game?

Thanks.

Thanks TomHAVFC,

..for me its the intelligance of the players! - I dont expect Fifa graphics or perfect gameplay but some of the things the players did was comical! If the 2D circles can pass the ball and run forward without kicking the ball to a stupid area, surely it musnt be that much harder to make the 3D players play normal passes?

Thanks TomHAVFC,

..for me its the intelligance of the players! - I dont expect Fifa graphics or perfect gameplay but some of the things the players did was comical! If the 2D circles can pass the ball and run forward without kicking the ball to a stupid area, surely it musnt be that much harder to make the 3D players play normal passes?

Just to point out that the 2D & the 3D are the same match engine so if its happening in one its also happening by default in the other.

I should also add although I wasn't too impressed with the 3d at the start its grown on me and I'm happy with it.

100 extra animations have been announced and improvements will no doubt have been made so I would expect a fair improvement this time round.

Some people seem to confuse the match engine with how the game looks cosmetically. Yes, at the moment the game is a long way from rivaling FIFA for graphical appeal but that doesn't mean the underlying match engine isn't the best of its kind. Looks wise FM will improve alot over the comings years along with the ME.

Remember FM09 was the first year SI had with a 3D representation of the match engine. Consider this and you will realise how far they have come in a short time. FIFA 2009's 3D in many ways was is 15 years development in the making. FM 2009's was SI first 3D game and is a good first step on the ladder imo. I agree it has plenty of room for improvement but that will come in time. :)

Archived