Best Place for Reference

I just picked up FM09 and I am new to the series. Since this is going to be new for me, I was wondering if there was a good manual or reference thread to help a newbie get used to playing the game.

I am not necessarily looking for the ins and outs of football, but more of a how to get around and things a manager will have to think about day to. I guess basically I am wonder if there is a how to manual.

My younger nephew has challenged me to see who can perform better, (standards still to be discussed) and lord knows I do want to lose. ;)

Thank you in advance for the help.

Welcome to the forums. For players and staff recommendations you should check out the Good players & Team guide forum.

For help with the tactical side of things there is the tactics forum, which have a couple of threads which while rather long are well worth reading for an in depth understanding of the tactical interface in fm.

This is a good place to start Tactics and training gouide

Good Players and teams guide is good also.

If you want I could PM you some players that have done good for me over my various saves.

Also look out for any good newgens from the middle ranking nations, they can be quite good, woithout being so dear, and if you are playing a long term game start your youth network early.

The game can be somewhat overwhelming to the first time player, but if you stick at it the rewards can include a lack of social life, divorce and violent mood swings. Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the warning, my wife will be happy to hear that. She already gets frustrated that I play two to three a week already. Now my computer football team will take a way my remaing free time. :D

Archived