FM would be so much better if it was life like with improved AI

Why again this year SI have not implemented AI into the mechanics of game? FM gets boring and boring every year with the new features because they are 'flavour of the month' type of thing and without the AI just what is the point?

With every passing season in FM there is a repetition and there is a lack of variety also which further makes me yawn.

Why do I get the same messages after winning a cup? Why don't the board/fans/media realise I had a Ronaldo or two missing from my team and thats why I lost the bitter rival game when the opposition were at full strength? Why isn't it that the injury in the 3rd minute of my leader in the last match gets picked upon by the media and creates the turning point where the opposition had the advantage and won the game? Why don't the board want something more different this season in terms of heavy spending or bringing in some very young players to lower the average squad age and invest for the future instead of just 'Aim for this part of the league' or 'Reach the part of the cup'. Lack of AI is spoiling the game for me, this years FM will be the same as FM09 but it'll have something pleasing to look at, but nothing on the aspect of the real life feeling.

To sum it up this I think is a classic example...your the manager of Man Utd and have been given a transfer fee in your 3rd season of £150 million after telling the board that you will finish 1st in the league, you spend nothing...yet at the end of the season the board are unhappy when you finish 2nd or below, surely they should realise you never spent a penny. Even so...if you spent say £40 million the board should relax a little. Things like this make the game stupid and irritating at times.

Realism?...I think FM is very far from realism.

Even the cleverest of Japanese boffin's have trouble making AI that behaves like real life. You have to draw the line somewhere and just accept it is a game and some things just won't happen as you expect them to. Even if they focused solely on what you are asking, it would take years to code in hundreds if not thousands of reactions to the thousands of different scenarios that can happen in a match and getting it bug free would be a nightmare

Even the cleverest of Japanese boffin's have trouble making AI that behaves like real life. You have to draw the line somewhere and just accept it is a game and some things just won't happen as you expect them to. Even if they focused solely on what you are asking, it would take years to code in hundreds if not thousands of reactions to the thousands of different scenarios that can happen in a match and getting it bug free would be a nightmare

Yeah I understand that but the points I mentioned can be done feasibly I think or can they?

To sum it up this I think is a classic example...your the manager of Man Utd and have been given a transfer fee in your 3rd season of £150 million after telling the board that you will finish 1st in the league, you spend nothing...yet at the end of the season the board are unhappy when you finish 2nd or below, surely they should realise you never spent a penny. Even so...if you spent say £40 million the board should relax a little. Things like this make the game stupid and irritating at times.

Realism?...I think FM is very far from realism.

Erm, no. You said you'd win the title. They expected you to win the title. You didn't win the title. The fact you didn't use the money available to you is irrelevant.

Some decent points there by the OP, SI have left some things the same in the last 4 versions that needed improvement (interaction and confidence modules are ****), its a bit presumpuous to suggest they wont change these things but only a bit given the fact they havent changed them in 5 years.

Archived