Backward Compatible FM10 Games

So I'm almost certain that I won't be forking out for FM 2010 for one simple reason. I have an FM09 game with 21 days of game time played. That's three weeks of my life I've devoted to dragging Hyde United into the Blue Square Prem, earning Championship football for Wrexham and saving Blackpool's Championship status, with a League One title in there somewhere too. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have such marathon games, and you've got to admit, it's hard to let go...

If SI made it possible for FM09 saves to be imported into FM10, THEN I would definately consider paying out for the update. I know this is unlikely and almost certainly impossible, but think what you could achieve on a save game that began with FM06 for example, all the while gaining the advantages of SI's developments of the game!!

• 4 weeks later...

You don't have to start again. When FM09 came out I still carried on playing FM08 for a couple of months.

Everything you had built up in the previous year would fall apart (eg tactics... I had a wonderful 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 in FM08 that failed completely in FM09)

Archived