Ass Man? Or just an Ass?

I set Sammy Lee to take care of team talks during pre-season because, I'll be honest, I couldn't be bothered. After one match I checked in on team talk reaction and seen the following...

stupide.jpg

Why on Earth does he set an overall team talk as 'none' and then specifically picks out individual players to say 'nothing' too? How on Earth would that work?...

Does he go into the changing room, stand staring at the players (as a group) with a blank expression, and then go around random individuals and just stares at them, one at a time, for a brief moment? Just imagine how that would actually look! :D His favourite choice of 'team talk' is not to talk at all, but then the players get angry at ME because they are "unhappy with the way you (ME!) talk to the players..." :confused:

Yes, yes, I should do them myself (and I normally do, this was a one-off), but this is just another example of Ass Man stupidity. I'm not sure I'll be offering him a new contract.

I set Sammy Lee to take care of team talks during pre-season because, I'll be honest, I couldn't be bothered. After one match I checked in on team talk reaction and seen the following...

stupide.jpg

Why on Earth does he set an overall team talk as 'none' and then specifically picks out individual players to say 'nothing' too? How on Earth would that work?...

Does he go into the changing room, stand staring at the players (as a group) with a blank expression, and then go around random individuals and just stares at them, one at a time, for a brief moment? Just imagine how that would actually look! :D His favourite choice of 'team talk' is not to talk at all, but then the players get angry at ME because they are "unhappy with the way you (ME!) talk to the players..." :confused:

Yes, yes, I should do them myself (and I normally do, this was a one-off), but this is just another example of Ass Man stupidity. I'm not sure I'll be offering him a new contract.

lmao!!!! That's hilarious

the question is, did you win?

Lost 3-2 against Udinese :mad:

Just do the teamtalks yourself! :D

I'm assuming you're joking. Or else you simply didn't read the OP properly....

Yes, yes, I should do them myself (and I normally do, this was a one-off)

:D

hahaahha your description is funny my friend! I usually treat my ass man as a piece of rubbish, I hope they are more competent in fm10. I cant stand anymore that he notice nothing when I ask him to give me a team report, if you notice nothing then what are u doing here just go home and jack off!!!

Does he go into the changing room, stand staring at the players (as a group) with a blank expression, and then go around random individuals and just stares at them, one at a time, for a brief moment? Just imagine how that would actually look! :D

OMG, that's hilarious :-D

... accidentally made a funny noice while bursted out laughing by myself here at work and now I'm being looked at like there's something wrong with me. Thanks mate :-)

To be fair to FM09 ass mans, I did pick up the performance of my (lower league) team after I hired an ass man with 20 for his tactical attribute, and then relying on his tactical feedback throughout the game to tweak my tactics (mostly just limited to opposition instructions but not always).

Does he go into the changing room, stand staring at the players (as a group) with a blank expression, and then go around random individuals and just stares at them, one at a time, for a brief moment? Just imagine how that would actually look! :D

I was actually thinking this before I saw you'd written it! :D

Imagine if he forgot to stare at one player, a physio would say "Sammy, you missed Gerrard". "Oh", replies Sammy, who then walks over to Stevie to stare at him for a few seconds.

I was actually thinking this before I saw you'd written it! :D

Imagine if he forgot to stare at one player, a physio would say "Sammy, you missed Gerrard". "Oh", replies Sammy, who then walks over to Stevie to stare at him for a few seconds.

Brilliant :D

On a serious note, it is totally stupid that these little things are completely neglected by SI. I'm willing to guarantee that on FM10, despite all the hard work and all the new features and the new skin and the totally updated database and so on and so forth... this scenario (in my OP) will continue, as will "didn't seem to be listening..." when you dare to praise players for a second time :mad:

SI - Why don't you just change the wording?

PS - Why don't we have a "head banging against a brick wall" smiley on these forums? I could be using it all day.

Sammy Lee is a terrible assistant especially if you want him to handle things like team talks. Get rid of him asap. I would suggest that you go after either the guy who is Fabio Capello's assistant at England (sorry cant remember his name) or Dan Ashworth. I try to get Ashworth as my assistant whenever I take over any club and he never lets me down.

I got bored of answering the same media questions over and over and over..... you get my point. So i decided to let my ass man take over media questions. I played Arsenal in a cup game and managed to pick up 8 yellow cards and get 2 people sent off, as well as getting beat 3-1. The media question was along the line of:- "Your team managed to pick up several cards and got beaten along the way, how do you feel about this?"

My ASS man's reply was "I am chuffed to bits!!"

Beware the ass man!!!

Archived